Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered and received a set of arm rest pads and they don't fit the original bases, They came from Ground Up, do they only fit there aftermarket bases? where do I get a set that fit the original bases? Thanks, Jim

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I could be wrong, but I believe they are Chevelle size pads and bases, which are different from Novas, these should fit their base, we've heard this complaint a couple times.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I think the aftermarket pads only fit the aftermarket bases. I have heard that before. I have repop pads and bases but have never looked to see if they were different from the originals.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
This kinda erks me, they could of stated in there catalog that the pads only fit there bases, I gave 17.96 ea. plus 16.58 S&H plus now I have to send them back at my exspense, so I eat about 20.00. for the S&H, from now on I'll ask they guys on here first ! Anyhow does anybody know what company sells pads that fit original bases? Sorry for the vent, but I've got alot of work to do on this car and dont want to waste my money like this..Thanks agian..Jim

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I feel your pain, it's worse coming across the border, I've had shipping cost more then the part and it was under warranty. Are your old ones not repairable? If not I would suggest finding a good used set, I'm unaware of anyone repops these correct for the Nova.:(

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Taz,makes me feel a little better,this kind of stuff must make it tough for you guys up there to build a car.I could repair my old ones, just thought I could go the new route...Jim

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
they do make the correct repo's for the nova bases. my friend just got them for his nova and look great. im not sure who the manufacture is though. i didnt see the bag they came in. but i know he bought them from Rays muscle cars parts in NY. i think you should deal with a bigger company than you did so you wont have that problem like you did and be stock with all that expense. you paid $16.58 s&h for only 2 arm rest pads??? thats a rip off if you did, IMO...

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
they do make the correct repo's for the nova bases. my friend just got them for his nova and look great. im not sure who the manufacture is though. i didnt see the bag they came in. but i know he bought them from Rays muscle cars parts in NY. i think you should deal with a bigger company than you did so you wont have that problem like you did and be stock with all that expense. you paid $16.58 s&h for only 2 arm rest pads??? thats a rip off if you did, IMO...
You better get the name:rolleyes:, this has been a problem for a while! Many times it cost us through trial and error, so anytime we can get the word out on the good stuff, we can help others!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts