Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a 1972 Nova 2 door With a factory vinyl top and a vinyl folding moon roof.

Car has the normal issues.
But all stock except a/c compressor is gone.
The kid that bought it last year installed headers.
Everything else looks stock. Car has issues.
It's a 350 2barl
A/t A/C P/S P/B
10 bolt rear

Green on green on green!

I am curious about this moon roof thing??

Al

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
from what i've read there were 6,822 Nova's built in 1972 with the factory moon roof

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
yes. there rare rare rare

jump on it al! just make sure its factory first!

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
I have been around Nova's for many years and have only seen ONE!!!!

With its low production figure, there can't be too many suvivors.

If it could be salvaged, I would think it would be worth the effort.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I'm no "pureist" by any stretch of the imagination. Not much stock stuff left on my car. If I got a car with an option that was as rare as you guys say it is, I think I would try to restore it stock. How 'bout you guys?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
hum I used to see two on a daily basis before I quit my job one 73 ss with the sun roof, and one regular 73 with the sunroof, they were both daily drivers.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I used to own one,a 72 that was green with a white top, everything worked perfectly, including the AC this was in 95, I have only seen one other 72 it was brown and in a junk yard in colorado nothing left but the hole. and a 73 at the super chevy show in joliet IL . They are great the wind doesn't beat the piss out of you like in a convertable, I have also seen 2 of the 72 buicks(that the Top was ordered for by GM) and one 68 camaro with the top factory installed. When it came time to sell the car I had 4 people tell me they would give me the asking price if it didn't have the hole in the roof. there are a couple that pop up on ebay from time to time. they are rare but don't bring rare money if I had another I wouldn't let that hole in the roof stop any modifications again which is why I had to sell

·
13,974 Posts
The 1972's with the skyroof are the rarest, because the option wasn't available til mid year. I've never seen production figures for 1972, but Novaresource indicates 3259 skyroof Novas in 1973. I've only seen one, a 1973 SS that I had the chance to buy back in the mid 90's, but passed up.

Bob

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
We had a member here sell one out of Texas I believe and it was a true SS surviver if I remember correctly, they are rare.:yes:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Heres one that Dale @ novasrus.com restored. It now belongs to a very good friend of ours.

Theres a couple members on the site with factory Sky Roof cars. They are rare and I can vouch for the fact that they leak like a Russian submarine. You can park a sky roof car next to much nicer cars and they get waay more attention. Its crazy.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
I've got a '72 Rally with factory Skyroof. I've only seen a few others in my time. I think the option is neat.

Please post some pictures of that green on green on green car :yes:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Does anyone know if the sunroof was available with a vinyl top (or was that the only way you could get it?). Also, was this by chance available on 4 doors? It seems like you could get one of those Volkswagen kits to install a sliding sunroof and make that work on a Nova, does anyone know if they are similar sizes or has tried that route? These are way cool, it would be neat to see a Nova built in the theme of a Volkswagen/Hot Rod/Custom with the sliding sunroof, bagged to the ground with a lot of attitude, anyone have pics of something like that?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts