Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
If that is Nova first or second gen seats then yes, they are worth fixing. On my 65 I took the seats down and sandblasted the frames before painting them. Built them from there.

First and second generation Nova seats are not very plentiful and even when you can find them can be expensive.

·
Registered
1967 Nova SS
1,931 Posts
Like g2072 said. Check to see if you can find any and what shape their in before you toss them. If springs/frame is not all broken up (doesn't look like it is). Get estimate on getting reupholster and then decide.

In most cases if the original stuff can be reworked it's better than to try and "fit" something else or an knock off brand.

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,922 Posts
Do not throw anything away until you've finished your car. You never know what you might change your mind on. Also, in a few years
anything you are considering about throwing away just might be needed by somebody else. Believe me, I know.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
like what was said on an earlier post. keep every thing until your done. an do take lots did i say lots of pictures. bag n tag every thing.
Been doing a Jeep for the last couple of years. Should have already finished it but I've been lazy.

When I took it a part I took pictures and bagged and tagged everything.

I didn't think much about it when my phone went down but when my computer also went down a month or so later I realized I had lost all my pictures.

I'm about 85% done with it but my pictures would have made it a lot easier. It has been a life sized puzzle.

·
Premium Member
3,574 Posts
they are 1972, i think thats 3rd gen?
Just recover them in Jack Skellington fabric!!

Sleeve Bag T-shirt Gadget Audio equipment

Sounds like me when i clean up the garage and throw stuff away that i held on to for 20 years and 3 days later i need it.
I'm a parts hoarder, knowing exactly that! Keep EVERYTHING that isn't completely roached! It always finds a purpose eventually, or gets donated to my youngest son or a friend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts