·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
these could be very cool if legal.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I never wanted a swing out bar before because they didnt look strong and safe, but that looks like a real nice product. How did you come across that? I would definately call division tech director and find out.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I never wanted a swing out bar before because they didnt look strong and safe, but that looks like a real nice product. How did you come across that? I would definately call division tech director and find out.
Definitely, give them a call. I kinda like that, nice find guy.

·
Vendor
4,056 Posts
I don't think that these would work the way you would want them to. If your planning on a door bar you would have to unbolt them everytime you were to get out, they need to be bolted together for strength, thus making it a PITA to unbolt and bolt up every time.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no,no,no Mr. Church. Look beyond the door bar. Forget that swing out door bar crap and think about how this item could ease design.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Would be nice if they were legal. You could bolt the door bars back in when at the races and leave them out while cruising.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I mentioned swing bars as legal. We all know this is weak, but somehow legal. Now I bring up this product that appears to make roll cages bolt together. What do you not find exiting about this?

·
Registered
726 Posts
the powerblock shows used these in a few builds and they looked pretty neat.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Would be nice if they were legal. You could bolt the door bars back in when at the races and leave them out while cruising.

BINGO!!!!!!!! we have a winner!!!!!!!

Which is what most people do with swing out bars anyway.

Shoulder bars would be great to remove if the NHRA would allow it.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
I doubt they're legal in NHRA. It's hard to believe the swing bars are cool. Yes it sucks living with a door bar, but I sure feel better scooting down the track at 130 with solid mild steel around me!

·
Registered
28 Posts
As mentioned above... saw them used on PowerBlock... they used them in the S-10 crawler... when they put the cage in with the new dash... just cut a hole for the bar to pass thru and dropped in the rest of the bar... looked like a way to go for a "show style" project.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I see options and potential.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
i beleive alston had something similar to those the door bars where spring loaded and the mechinism was sorta like a quick realse fitting i beleive nhra banned them so alston switched back to the pin................ i think i may be wrong it might have been someone else sorry if im wrong :yes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts