Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at doing a mini-tub on my 66 sedan and was looking at the many different kits out there. Do any of these kits offer a straight forward approach in terms of installing or are they all equal for the install difficulty. I am not doing the install so if I have to pay more for a kit that requires less install time than its a better option for me. Thank you for the help.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I put the fabquest strips in mine but if I were to do another I would buy the Detroit Speed. It is a lot less work. If I was mini tubbing a car I would also go ahead and notch the frame to get the largest tire possible. If you are going to go through the process you might as well maximize the space you have available.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I did the Detroit speed tubs. Very nice engineering. Came with stencils to lay out so you know exactly where to cut. I wouldn’t have done it any other way...

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm looking at doing a mini-tub on my 66 sedan and was looking at the many different kits out there. Do any of these kits offer a straight forward approach in terms of installing or are they all equal for the install difficulty. I am not doing the install so if I have to pay more for a kit that requires less install time than its a better option for me. Thank you for the help.
I'm also wanting to mini-tub my '67 sedan and would be very interested in knowing where you're finding "the many different kits out there". Please share these with me so I can do my research to see which route I want to go.

Thanks, Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts