Chevy Nova Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,574 Posts
Can't beat the reliability/millage with the LS. Have a 2000 GMC 5.3 in my Canso. Only thing I touched was cam and springs..bit of a tune and around 420 HP. She also got 28 mpg on a 4000 mile trip. Stock front sheet metal with CPP uppers and lowers. Even kept the truck fan!
Which cam did you use?
Thinking about doing that to my 5.3 but love the MPG right now and the power...

Mark

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
hawkeyejim.... very nice canso, an the pipes sound great. one question, those two gauges mounted at the front of the console is that something you made or did the canadian canso SD come that way ?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Thanks Redrider66ss!Made the gauge cluster. Don't really like the look of the ones hanging below the dash and didn't want to drill any holes in my 1 of 500 consoles made. Made a bracket that fits just in front of the console to support them. Sorry for the derail OP

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,574 Posts
My Desk top can see it!
Thanks guys for the derailed cam subject!

Sounds good hawkeyejim!

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
1 Posts
By today's standards, it will take a lot of money to be sure of the engine quality. But if you approach the issue wisely, you won't regret it. My neighbor wonders how I drive a 2000 car when he changes cars every five years. If he has money for a new car, then I'm very happy for him. But I can find other, more relevant uses for that money. I love my SUV and know what I need to do to keep it in top condition. The only problem is the constantly changing insurance conditions, but I try to keep track of updates everywhere https://www.truckinginsurance.org/coverage/box-truck-insurance-guide/.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts