Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm kind of remote but there's lots wrecked parts trucks around. Are early 2000s Chevy trucks and suvs good for engine swaps? Is there a specific year or model? I've looked over the SBC engine pages on wiki and it was still all pretty confusing. Any pro/expert advice?

On another note many have front seats with built in shoulder belts. They seem like they might be too big, but has anyone ever put them in a first gen? What are the options for shoulder belts out there?

Thanks.
Have you decided your setup? Are you just swapping or will you be doing some upgrades at a later date. For example, if you want to stay NA then shoot for a motor that came with high compression pistons. If you plan on any boost application, then you want a motor that came with lower compression pistons. I have always liked the aluminum blocks for boost and iron for all motor but that is just my preference. You can identify LS engines by 8th digit in the V.I.N. and then review the specs of said engines you find. I pulled a list of 3rd and 4th gen LS engines and researched them prior to looking for my motor and ended up finding an LS LM4 for $300, which is an aluminum longblock with low comp pistons for my application. It is confusing because there are a lot of options in the LS engine family. Feel free to message if you need any help. I'm sure others can add to what I have. Hope this helps you some!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts