Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this morning started out great! Just got the coil over kit in and the fornt disc brake conversion kit and was ready to go to town on the front end of my 70. I went to the auto shop on base (I'm military) and 2 of the guys there that race Nova's were adamently opposed to coil overs. They insisted that I return them and get new shocks and springs.

What is your opinion? I think they will perform great and exceed my expectations but am always interested to here what others think.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
If you drive it on the street alot I'll agree with your buddies. If you race it alot and it seldom sees the street go with the C/Os if you like them. I don't like the way they attach to the stock control arms but they are nice with the tubular aftermarket arms I've seen. Most serious racers run them both if they are legal in their class for adjustability and weight savings. JMHO, RM

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
what are their reasons for saying that....i guess you could say the stock setup is a coilover, but if you are referring to the type with a sleeve so you can adjust height and/or an adjustable shock...:confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts