Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am searching for both front & rear seats for a ‘70 Nova. I know a lot of the camaro parts swap back & forth, but does the back seat? Found a ‘72 Camaro that is wrecked & being parted out, but has the back seat intact (but in desperate need of rebuild).
Right now I have NO seats at all...

·
Registered
875 Posts
Wont fit without alteration. Front seat tracks are different and mounting points are wider on the Camaro and the rear, just no.
I have Camaro buckets in my 70 and the mount points are not in the stock location.
No way on the rear, totally different configuration.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn, OK.... thank you.

So I will need Nova specific seats?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Unfortunately, for the rear seat you will need a Nova rear seat from a 68-73. Front seats you can install Procar buckets. A neighbor had them in a 68, another had them in a 70 El Camino. they look good, almost original. At least more original than seats from an 80s GM. The following is the link for the left hand bucket. They are also available through Amazon.

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Proc...1xbAeFIvpowGT1frzdR7uhARQDwUEuXkaApevEALw_wcB

·
14,589 Posts
Any GM X body car is interchangeable.

Buick Apollo

Buick Skylark

Oldsmobile omega

Pontiac Ventura

Pontiac Phoenix

·
Registered
875 Posts
Damn, OK.... thank you.

So I will need Nova specific seats?

Not necessarily.
I used the Camaro buckets. I did get this mounting kit: http://www.autometaldirect.com/amd-bucket-seat-floor-brackets-69-71-chevy-nova-p-7635.html
and it worked well, the outboard brackets do not sit in the standard Nova location, they end up being further out board.
Set the hump brackets in place (don't weld them yet!) and loosely bolt the seats to them. Loosely bolt the outboard brackets to the seats.
Move the seats around a bit for best location and bracket fitment, make sure they are square to the world. IIRC I did have to trim the front outboard bracket a touch for a good level fit.
Tack weld the brackets in place and triple check fit before welding them fully in.
It was actually a very good solution for my 70, the floorboards were swiss cheesed by who knows how many different seat iterations through the years, the bracket kit gave me a good solid base.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Unfortunately, for the rear seat you will need a Nova rear seat from a 68-73. Front seats you can install Procar buckets. A neighbor had them in a 68, another had them in a 70 El Camino. they look good, almost original. At least more original than seats from an 80s GM. The following is the link for the left hand bucket. They are also available through Amazon.

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Proc...1xbAeFIvpowGT1frzdR7uhARQDwUEuXkaApevEALw_wcB
I have the Procar seats in my '70 Nova & I'm happy with them. Not the most comfortable seats but they were the cheapest. I also used the Procar brackets & they are a little high for me. I'm just under 6'... Excuse the mess Lol

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts