Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting a Resto Mod on my 1st gen and I want to convert it from the original manual setup to automatic, when I got the car it needed a engine and transmission which I have 350 and 700r4, I need the automatic brake pedal assembly with the parking brake and under dash brace. My Nova is a 1963.
Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Los Angeles, California
I have been having trouble posting pics... hopefully the way ive been posting them today, works (photobucket is doing some sort of "update")... not sure if you were looking for something new, if so, please disregard... I have a 65/SS... I took the ebrake setup off of it, wasnt sure i was going to use it... was missing the brake pedal... have another assembly, with a brake pedal... i think i just need one of the brackets, not the pedal or the ebrake stuff... was going to take the pedal and misc off the bracket on the right and possibly modify it, to fit what im doing... the one on the left missing the pedal, is the one that came off my 65... if you cant find anything and are interested in cleaning up and using the one on the left, then i can get back to you in a couple of days, just need to make sure that i am set on doing a different setup... i will take the brake pedal, etc off the one on the right... i dont have my sand blaster setup yet, or else i would take it apart and sand blast it... it is surface rusted as you can see in the pic... it did work, prior to me taking it off...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok , I want to make sure I understand, you have 2 brackets both with the brake pedal, but 1 with out the e brake handle, correct? Either way I am interested and I can get it blasted,the most important to me is the pedal assembly I REALLY NEED those parts, are you going MANUAL?

·
Vendor
1,459 Posts
Auto brake pedal is the same 1962 - 66. The center hanger brace is not. It is 1962 - 65, same auto or manual. The park brake assembly has some differences starting in '66. Get evreything from a 1962 - 65 car and you will be good.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Ok , I want to make sure I understand, you have 2 brackets both with the brake pedal, but 1 with out the e brake handle, correct? Either way I am interested and I can get it blasted,the most important to me is the pedal assembly I REALLY NEED those parts, are you going MANUAL?
sorry for confusion... are you able to see the pictures? i can see them on my end, just want to make sure.if not ill upload them on the site and try that way...

to clear it up... i have two of the main brackets (that have the studs for the master cylinder at the firewall and attach to the dash under the column)... one, that came off my car, has the ebrake handle on it... but no brake pedal...

the other... has a brake pedal and no ebrake handle...

im going to take the brake pedal stuff of the one that has it (because it is easier to do and can leave the ebrake lever alone on the other one, until ready to be taken apart and refreshed). would free it up to be put on the assembly missing it.... also a new spring and bushings, if necessary, i believe are easily accessible new...

as far as the trans? i am staying auto... possibly a powerglide (which is what it had originally) or a 4l80e.... i am going with a different brake pedal setup and also a different ebrake setup

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Auto brake pedal is the same 1962 - 66. The center hanger brace is not. It is 1962 - 65, same auto or manual. The park brake assembly has some differences starting in '66. Get evreything from a 1962 - 65 car and you will be good.
Thanks for the help, so I can use my original assembly just replace my clutch and brake pedals with the auto brake pedal and I will be good to go, also is the pushrod for the master cylinder the same?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry for confusion... are you able to see the pictures? i can see them on my end, just want to make sure.if not ill upload them on the site and try that way...

to clear it up... i have two of the main brackets (that have the studs for the master cylinder at the firewall and attach to the dash under the column)... one, that came off my car, has the ebrake handle on it... but no brake pedal...

the other... has a brake pedal and no ebrake handle...

im going to take the brake pedal stuff of the one that has it (because it is easier to do and can leave the ebrake lever alone on the other one, until ready to be taken apart and refreshed). would free it up to be put on the assembly missing it.... also a new spring and bushings, if necessary, i believe are easily accessible new...

as far as the trans? i am staying auto... possibly a powerglide (which is what it had originally) or a 4l80e.... i am going with a different brake pedal setup and also a different ebrake setup
So are you going to be getting rid of them ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you have a pedal for sale? I wish that you were in the Los Angeles area, I will have a lot of used parts from my 63 I will be removing and getting rid of, here are some of the things if you know anyone who may need anything.
Gas tank, Original 10 bolt with drum brakes (4 lug) , rear suspension stuff, steering Column (3 un the tree w/o shifter I think) front clip minus headlight buckets,fenders,hood,grill,I need some 5 lug Chevy bolt pattern wheels with dummy tires that hold air to move the car around if you know anyone who may need or want let me know, I am willing to trade for the stuff I need and they will have to supply their own transport I don't have a way to move the items

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im pretty sure i will get rid of them, but i need to wait to make sure what im trying to do will work... if you dont find something by next week... send me a message to remind me, if i dont get back to you sooner...
im pretty sure i will get rid of them, but i need to wait to make sure what im trying to do will work... if you dont find something by next week... send me a message to remind me, if i dont get back to you sooner...
Cool, let me know how it works out

·
Vendor
1,459 Posts
Do you have a pedal for sale? I wish that you were in the Los Angeles area, I will have a lot of used parts from my 63 I will be removing and getting rid of, here are some of the things if you know anyone who may need anything.
Gas tank, Original 10 bolt with drum brakes (4 lug) , rear suspension stuff, steering Column (3 un the tree w/o shifter I think) front clip minus headlight buckets,fenders,hood,grill,I need some 5 lug Chevy bolt pattern wheels with dummy tires that hold air to move the car around if you know anyone who may need or want let me know, I am willing to trade for the stuff I need and they will have to supply their own transport I don't have a way to move the items
Yes I have pedals, hangers, hardware, etc. I ship in the U.S. daily.

I would not be interested in any of the parts you have listed, but you can post them on you local Craigslist or Facebook market place. What you are doing is very common right now, so the market is flooded with stock suspension components and striped front clips. The 4-lug rear is not a 10 bolt. It is an older antiquated design with little demand. The drums and park brake cables are really the only pieces people ask for, the rest normally gets scrapped.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool thanks for the info on my old parts, so how much do you want for a automatic brake pedal assembly, I have a 1963, and I live in Los Angeles, CA 90016
Let me know.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hopefully you were able to find a pedal setup... i ended up having to use mine... my plan with the wilwood pedal, after begining to modify it, did not work... didnt want to just leave you hanging on an answer... .
It's all good, I have one on the way and I appreciate you getting back to me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts