Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Has anyone used this B&M part# 70380 Electronic Shift Improver for their GM 4L60E/4L80E transmission before? How well does it work? Will it chirp second when shifting? Also do you have to cut into the original wiring to hook it up? thanks

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts
I haven't used that particular kit but I can advise that instead of adding and deleting multiple posts if you make a mistake, just use the "edit" function.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Is that the one that is a 3 position switch? I had a couple of buddies use them and they seem to like it. One of my buddy's put one in his dually and it used to chirp 2nd gear.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
If it is anything like the B&M kit for the TH350 then avoid it. I have no clue if it is similar or not. I do know it is generally accepted that the Trans Go shift kits are some of the best kits on the market.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is that the one that is a 3 position switch? I had a couple of buddies use them and they seem to like it. One of my buddy's put one in his dually and it used to chirp 2nd gear.
yeah it has 3 positions, stock is the first, then firm which is the second position and boosts the line pressure about 10psi more than stock, and then firmer which is the third position and boosts the line presure even more to about 15-20 psi over stock.... this switch mounts anywhere inside the vehicle. so is it the same as the one your buddy has? thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts