Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Long time fan of Nova's and also this site. I an hoping that you guys can help me out with a problem. I had a 1974 Nova SS hatchback in the day and certainly miss it. It was my first car and a fixer-upper that me and my dad worked on but had to sell because of financial problems. The car is originally from Canada and was sold to a muscle car dealer in either North Dakota or South Dakota (I can't remember the dealership or if it's still around).

I always wondered if it was still around but never bothered looking around for it until now since I found the VIN#. So I thought I would give it a try.

Would also considering purchasing it back as well.

The VIN is 1Y17K4W164044

It was Blue with a 4 speed and went like hell.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Hey guys,
I always wondered if it was still around but never bothered looking around for it until now since I found the VIN#. So I thought I would give it a try.
Would also considering purchasing it back as well.
The VIN is 1Y17K4W164044Thanks.
Triple A might be able to help you find where the car is registered. Jack

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Initially the car was from Manitoba however it went state side. I am originally from Winnipeg myself but moved to Toronto.

Triple A? Not familiar with it. How do they work?

Those car fax/car proof thing are only good for the newer cars. I've tried with those services but they won't run the older cars.

Tried AAA buying tools and it does not work for Canadian Residences. Cant even download it, stupid iPhone...

Thanks guys for the help

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
I wonder if you could contact the state or something and see if they could locate the owner based on the VIN number provided the car is still around and registered, etc. They might not be able to give out info like that though, just tossing out some ideas.

That'd be really cool if you could find the car and buy it back again! Hope you find it!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Initially the car was from Manitoba however it went state side. I am originally from Winnipeg myself but moved to Toronto.
Triple A? Not familiar with it. How do they work?
Thanks guys for the help
They have a service for members only that is similar to the DMV. You could say you want to buy your Nova back and have them check if it is still active on the system using a Vin search and where it is located. They will tell you the general location but not the exact location. Jack

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Finding at least the state seems to be the hardest part. Its been over 20 years so it could be anywhere or the worst, demolished. Without the vin it would be next to impossible so Im luckier than most.

I'll try AAA and see what comes up. Is there a specific website for it?

Me and my father have been talking about looking for it forever and would like to get it before he gets too old.

Thanks for the input from all of yah. Never looked into finding it this hard and am COMPLETELY clueless in how to find it so all the advice helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts