Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi: First thread after getting back into this site after many years. Bought a 63 SS Red Hardtop rust free custom build restoration down in Florida with a 1986 Cast Iron 350 Truck engine that was completely re-built and a TPI on it.. Also came with a 700R and was wondering just how many out there have the same motor and how you like it..?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I also have a 1963 chevy ll, but mine is a 2 door sedan. Still trying to get it finished. Bought it as someone else's project. It came with a tpi system also. 350 engine and 700r4 trans. I have it running and drivable, working on sheet metal now. Will post some pictures soon. Your car looks well done up.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have seen a lot of people at (different forums/car shows) over the years frown on TPI motors...however, I have several friends that have them in their cars and love them. One buddy has one in a72 c10 and is a Dailey driver and driven to several long distance shows. I would gladly take one in any of my vehicles. Congrats on the purchase and great looking Nova!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nope, don't have one but gotta say l like the red! THX FOR SHARING

Hi: First thread after getting back into this site after many years. Bought a 63 SS Red Hardtop rust free custom build restoration down in Florida with a 1986 Cast Iron 350 Truck engine that was completely re-built and a TPI on it.. Also came with a 700R and was wondering just how many out there have the same motor and how you like it..?

·
Registered
25 Posts
1986 gm 350

I have a 1986 GM 350. It was a Canadian Built Motor. My research found GM in the United States didn't build a fuel injection Motor. But the Canadian did build a 1986 fuel injected Motor. My motor doesn't have a block off plate where the rod went for the fuel pump. Does yours? Anyway the motor runs great. 355 aluminum heads small cam and Fast fuel injection. Also a 2004r 373 eaten posse 12 bolt. Its a 70 NOVA I bought brand new. Just wondering If yours was a US build or a Canadian?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts