Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever hear of Hilsboro? Dont know if spelling is correct. How is it? Is itb a decent area or on the slummy side? I have to go there and was curious as safety for a little Illinois guy.

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
Greetings,

Hillsboro Illinois or Missouri? Hillsboro Illinois is a nice town...Not too big and they have a great school district (and even better high school sports!). I don't know much about Hillsboro Missouri though.

Jason

·
6,502 Posts
Hillboro Missouri I can help with.

I was down there over the Fall working on a customer's car while it was at another mans shop and I used to go through the town years ago back in the 70's and 80's to go to Johnson Shut-ins and to Rivermont to go off road motorcycle riding and it seems like a nice town and while it has changed some over the years and nothing major has changed. I have seen better and I have seen a bunch that are worse but this one seems stable and you don't hear a lot about the town on the 5:00 news :D which is good.

If it is Missouri, are you staying there a while or just passing through. Some friends of my wife are just south of the main intersection by 21 and B and I could contact them if you need some more particulars of the town. Let me know.

Dale Haverstick was the guys shop I was at last fall and he works mostly on the tri-5's and saw him at a swap meet over the winter and if you need something done on your car he would be a local I would refer you to. I don't have his number handy but he's about 4 miles out of town on BB highway towards Cedar Hill.

Jim

A

·
0 Posts
I live in Festus, about 10 miles from Hillsboro, it's the county seat for Jefferson County.
Lots of rural area........you won't have any issues down there (unless you're cooking meth :D ).....Glen Boyer, sheriff, runs a clean ship.

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
About Hillsboro

I grew up in Hillsboro and graduated from there.Only live about 10 miles from there now. It is the county seat. It is an ok place,small but growing all the time and your not all that far from decent places to shop or go out to dinner. The sheriff there is on the up and up as someone mentioned. (my niece works for him). Don,t know if your moving there or visiting but I think you'll like it
Lance

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I may be picking up a 70 Nova in Hillsboro. Its been a shakey deal though. Maybe you could tell me another thing. To begin with this fella said the title to this car had a penalty on it. He said he never transfered the title to his name so there is some sort of penalty that comes with that? Will I have to pay that fee when I transfer the title to Illinois? His last reply said he had the title clear but Im still not too sure about it.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I think he is talking about a title fee. This happens when someone purchases a vehicle and does not transfer the title (pay the sales tax) to his name. I think the max is around $200.00 for the fee.

Carl

·
6,502 Posts
While I don't have any info concerning title information, I can offer this. Have you seen the car and do you know what you are buying ?. I don't think anyone on the board that lives close would mind taking a look at it and giving you another opinion about it. I just would hate to see anyone drive 3, 4 or more hours to get something only to pull up in the driveway and go, No this can't be the one I'm wanting to buy and find out it's a POS. Been there before going to Chicago and Louisville to look at cars only to be disappointed big time.

Hopefully it's what you want and all the paperwork is in order.

Jim

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He has sent alot of good pics and has warned me of all the work that needs to be done. I think, judging by his description and seeing the pics, hes been honest about things wrong with it. It is pretty much what most would shy away from. For me its going to be a long term project, its cheap, and its of the generation of Nova that Ive always liked. However if there is anyone who would take a gander for me, that would be great. I would hate to take a 5 1/2 hr trip and come back empty.

·
6,502 Posts
What kind of time frame are you working with ?. Myself I don't know if I'll be down that way but schedules do change and if it's not right away I might be able to help.

If you are coming down this way, let me know here or PM me. Sometimes you never know if you need some local help and if you want I to I can give you some phone numbers like mine should the need arise.

Jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts