Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Yep there are a few of us around ripon. Im only about 30 miles from ripon. And i know there are some guys in modesto that only about 10 miles from there.

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
I'm in Tracy with two other members. We have monthly meets and will be at teh good guys show at the end of the month.

-Justin

·
Premium Member
4,598 Posts
I'm in Tracy ,........we will see about a donut run in the valley :yes:

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Im in Modesto 10 miles south of Ripon right off of 99. PM me when you get here. Im in the process of putting in my new CE frame rails (will have 17" wells) and could use the extra hands.:D

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
My mom still lives in Ripon and I drive up to visit quite often. If there is something planned in the way of a get-together for the Ripon/Modesto area, please post it and I'll try to work in a family trip to attend.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Yea my friend that welded for me in the past moved. So I will learn to do it one way or another. I havent tackled anything structural like this before just small things like brackets and lots of sheetmetal work. I will probably still be fabing and tacking it up by then. Its been slow I have to cut out some of the cage tomorrow and I just started working on my fuel cell mounts (it will be recessed between the frame rails). I have everything in the trunk area cut out and the rails have a crossmember tacked on the very back. I have never in my life used so many clamps to hold things in palce. I am willing to pay you for some lessons or even just eyes to catch any miststakes I make I want to be able to weld this kind of thing up on my own. I dont know if your looking for work or not when your down here but I am willing pay if your interested in a little side cash or just fun money.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My mom still lives in Ripon and I drive up to visit quite often. If there is something planned in the way of a get-together for the Ripon/Modesto area, please post it and I'll try to work in a family trip to attend.
If anything comes up, I will definitely attend.

I am willing to pay you for some lessons or even just eyes to catch any miststakes I make I want to be able to weld this kind of thing up on my own. I dont know if your looking for work or not when your down here but I am willing pay if your interested in a little side cash or just fun money.
Plan is, if I find work, I stay longer than summer haha. I would totally be willing to come by and try to lend as many tips as I can and help you get good beads laid. It's all in the wrist haha What your working on (chassis/cage...etc) is what i'll be wanting to do on my car soon enough, It'd be great to get some knowledge and help out.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My welding history is basically:

'05-'06 -Oxyacetalyne welding and ARC welding for 9 months out of the year.
'06-'07 -More oxy and ARC and starting to play with the MIG, 9 months out of the year
'07-'08 -Teaching freshman how to ocy and ARC will getting better with MIG, 9 months out of the year. Taking a 4 week training class on MIG, by the 3rd week the company moved me onto a TIG and hired me upon viewing my MIG welds. Welded over my summer break and during school, fabricating various items for companies like Tucker Sno-Cat.
'08-'09 -Still welding MIG and starting to learn more with TIG, able to weld stainless and can weld Alumn. also!

I got hired at a fabrication company at age 17, I felt pretty B.A. :D

·
Registered
508 Posts
Yea my friend that welded for me in the past moved. So I will learn to do it one way or another. I havent tackled anything structural like this before just small things like brackets and lots of sheetmetal work. I will probably still be fabing and tacking it up by then. Its been slow I have to cut out some of the cage tomorrow and I just started working on my fuel cell mounts (it will be recessed between the frame rails). I have everything in the trunk area cut out and the rails have a crossmember tacked on the very back. I have never in my life used so many clamps to hold things in palce. I am willing to pay you for some lessons or even just eyes to catch any miststakes I make I want to be able to weld this kind of thing up on my own. I dont know if your looking for work or not when your down here but I am willing pay if your interested in a little side cash or just fun money.

im also a welder/ fabricator by trade. if you need anything just give me a haller! im here in waterford. ii have a shop out here in hickman and could help with any project.

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Next month around june 10th-ish I will be moving down to Ripon, CA for the summer. It'd be awesome if some other nova guys lived around OR on the way! I will be driving my nova from just north of salem, OR so it'll be I5 all the way down! Let me know if anyone is near!
Kyle844 why don't you find a donut shop and pick a date for June sometime and post it. See who shows up! You can be the first person to setup a donut run in your area. I will do my best to show up! This can be like a WELCOME to the area gathering :)

-Justin

1 - 19 of 19 Posts