Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled a 70 Nova M21 4 speed from my Olds this week.

VIN stamp is 10W392413.

If this car still exists Id like to get it back to the original car. Im guessing it was a 70 SS396.

·
Registered
43 Posts
How does vin#'s stamping on the trans tell what model car it came out of ? does someone have a cross ref chart of vin letter/#'s to models. what about the little metal tags on the side cover bolt- what does it id. any body got the info
I have a 1967 m-20 I would love to know what it came out of...

·
Registered
234 Posts
How does vin#'s stamping on the trans tell what model car it came out of ? does someone have a cross ref chart of vin letter/#'s to models. what about the little metal tags on the side cover bolt- what does it id. any body got the info
Post the numbers and we'll try to help identify it.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Look here for info

http://www3.sympatico.ca/atkinsom/history.html

·
Registered
11 Posts
I pulled a 70 Nova M21 4 speed from my Olds this week.

VIN stamp is 10W392413.

If this car still exists Id like to get it back to the original car. Im guessing it was a 70 SS396.
I own the CKO engine that matches that VIN. I can't get sequence info. assembly date is 10702CKO but cast date is F 11 9. Doesn't really make sense. Your input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,Rick

·
Registered
47 Posts
I own the CKO engine that matches that VIN. I can't get sequence info. assembly date is 10702CKO but cast date is F 11 9. Doesn't really make sense. Your input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,Rick
Rick,

You should try to find the O.P. who only posted once in 2012. That's your #matching trans! If you don't want it, I do...

My Nova is a 350 300 hp, assembled the 5th week of Sept 1969. It's VIN is 10W4169xx. My original block assembly was September (T09xxCNJ). The correct M21 trans for my Nova would be a #P0PxxB.

With a cast date of F 11 9 (May 11 1969), your block would have to lay around the barn for 5 months before being assembled in October. You may be reading the assembly date incorrectly. "T0702CKO" makes more sense because the O.P. says your VIN is 10W392413. ie: Your engine was assembled in July, prior to mine in September (10W4169xx).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts