Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm looking to add headlight relays to my 2nd gen, and I want to wire up new 12ga wires from the relay right into the headlight without using ANY of my old, crusty, thin wire. So I'm wondering if anyone knows where to get the actual copper/brass terminal that snaps into the plastic headlight connector. Here's a pic of the piece I'm talking about:

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
I might have access to those, or something similar with a new plug, but I can't confirm it until Thursday. Unless it's REALLY important to know tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
3,031 Posts
Badboy, here is what I do when replacing headlight terminals/connectors on 1st and 2nd gens. I drill a 1" or so hole in the mudbucket - directly behind the headlight connector and then install proper size grommet. Run the headlight wiring thru the grommet/hole to the connector and use these connectors and terminals.
http://shop.americanautowire.com/search.aspx?find=500196
OEM connectors/terminals are 90 degree version designed to fit between the headling bulb and the mudbucket. AAW version needs the drilled hole for clearance.

Frank

·
Registered
566 Posts
Is there enough room for one of the 90 degree connectors as an assembly (has wire leads)? See those all over the net but not stocker terminals..

I'm a long way away from wiring Novanut, but if he doesn't jump on that H4 kit, lemme know.. thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Badboy, here is what I do when replacing headlight terminals/connectors on 1st and 2nd gens. I drill a 1" or so hole in the mudbucket - directly behind the headlight connector and then install proper size grommet. Run the headlight wiring thru the grommet/hole to the connector and use these connectors and terminals.
http://shop.americanautowire.com/search.aspx?find=500196
OEM connectors/terminals are 90 degree version designed to fit between the headling bulb and the mudbucket. AAW version needs the drilled hole for clearance.

Frank
Thanks Frank!!! Much easier (and probably cheaper) option than searching out a stock setup!!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Do a search for Packard 59 terminals. Widely available. You can get them in any gauge you want. You should also use the proper crimper. I used straight connectors and plug. It worked fine for me.

These are the guys I bought from. www.pcsconnectors.com

I just did the relay upgrade to mine and what a difference!

Tim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts