Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1963 Nova SS Convertible
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have checked all over the internet for the rear seat covers or a rear seat that is light blue for a convertible. Does anyone have a used rear seat for convertible in blue or the rear seat covers. If there is someone you know who has it for sale let me know. Im having no luck.

Thanks

David Nichols

·
15,755 Posts
Dave, it will your luckiest day ever if you find a supplier with in-stock blue 1963 convertible rear seat covers. Black followed by red and fawn were the most popular colors. All the others come after that and are going to be special orders that may take a year or more to get. In addition, convertible rear seats that aren't already installed in a car are a rare find. Ones for sale with blue seat covers are probably non existent. I think you should go the route johnregrus suggested in an earlier thread on this subject. Order them now. It may take a year or more for delivery, but the longer you wait the longer until you get them. These kind of waits in the car restoration hobby are the norm these days, not the exception. I think that most SNS members will agree that a restoration like yours is not a short term project. I think you have to come to terms with the fact that supply chain and shop delays may result in your car not being finished for several years. JMO.

Bob

·
Registered
1967 Chevy II
22 Posts
I waited for over a year (actually 1 1/2 years) for a blue seat cover set for my 67...PUI is the only game in town and every time I inquired about delivery dates...they kept getting pushed out. Ended up having an upholstery shop just make custom (similar factory color) covers and redo the seats and although more expensive, I'm sure it's superior quality all around. Now, they did have to wait on foam, yes...foam since apparently that's hard to get as well. I wanted a factory seat cover(s) but am happy with what I got. Don't know if PUI had supply issues (likely), help issues (again, likely) or what but I ended up canceling of course. As a note I tried ordering through Summit thinking that since they have more "buying power" maybe things would change....not. Good luck with whatever you decide, but seat covers are not going to be available any time soon!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts