Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
It's a "collectable"
You can find a lot of similar stuff on ebay. It's debateable whether something that was created to be a collectable in the first place will ever actually be worth anything. In my opinion, it's worth about 10 cents. but then I've never been into collecting of useless stuff without any intrinsic value. I don't own a single baseball card or anything similar.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What I was referring to was the fact that the ad said 454. Was there any made with this powertrain?
Dann

·
Registered
219 Posts
Sorry, you could have been more specific.
I think that's a Nickey Nova. It's a dealer built supercar. There were NO Novas with the 454 from the factory, though oddly, the engine codes do exist. Hot Rod magazine had a cover feature on a similar car in 1973. This particular car is owned by Kevin Suydam. I saw the car in person when Reggie Jackson owned it. You can see more pictures of that car here:
http://corvettes-musclecars.com/cgi-bin/emAlbum.cgi?c=show_thumbs;p=1973 Nickey L88 427 Nova

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guess I could have been more specific. Just thought ya all would catch on. I have seen the Nickey Nova photos before. All makes sense now. Didn't know if it was a GM advertisement for special order or what. From all the reading, 350 cu. in. was as large of engine you could get. I just thought it was odd with that pamphlet, and had to ask. Thanks for the replys.
Dann

1 - 7 of 7 Posts