Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They come directly out of the fuse block. The one wire has a "jumper" and all three have the spade connectors.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Is the automobile an automatic in floor? If so, are the shift letters lighted, and do the backup lights work? Just a thought from looking at the wires...

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a floor shift

The shift letters are lit. The backup lights work correctly. I have a 64 that I just did a V8 and 700R4 swap in. I ordered a new harness for the SS with full gauges and the only thing I can think of is it looks as though the wires would go to the horn relay because of the jumper wire.

·
Registered
95 Posts
If the wires are one brown and the other brown with white stripe and you have an SS harness, they probably are the shunt resistor wires for the battery gauge on a SS dash panel.

Al

·
Registered
149 Posts
i was told by a member here they were for something called an ahmmeter only for the ss models in the gauge cluster, i cut mine off cause im not using the stock gauges

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not an SS car

However I have the SS gauge cluster. Anyone have a pic of where they would hook up at the shunt resistor?

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Big reds thats what I am assuming also

I guess I'll just tie them up and wait and see if they belong somewhere down the road.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts