Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm installing the evaluator for my Vintage Air system and found that I only have 1 defroster vent adapter (I guess that's what they're called... pic included)... anyone know if they're available or if I really even need it?
Rim Automotive lighting Auto part Personal protective equipment Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
1963 Nova SS and 1965 Nova
460 Posts
They pop up for sale here and other site pretty often. If you ask around I'm sure you'll find a set. As far as needing them... it's always nice to have defrost and not need to use it vs. not having it when you need it.

·
Premium Member
4,883 Posts
if you want the defrost to work you will need it ,if you decide you need one , I have some for sale

·
6,981 Posts
Once you do go ahead with the duct work for the Vintage Air you may run into the problem I had. The VA duct size is smaller than the Nova defrost outlets. I cut two slots in mine and installed the duct hose on the inside. It is a snug fit. You could put some sealant on the two pieces if if isn't snug.

Saw Automotive tire Hood Bumper Milling

Bicycle part Camera lens Camera accessory Carbon Material property

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Once you do go ahead with the duct work for the Vintage Air you may run into the problem I had. The VA duct size is smaller than the Nova defrost outlets. I cut two slots in mine and installed the duct hose on the inside. It is a snug fit. You could put some sealant on the two pieces if if isn't snug.

View attachment 440797

View attachment 440798
Good to know... many thanks!

·
Registered
981 Posts
I apologize for hijacking but once I saw this thread I decided to peek my head under the dash of my 65. Having not driven it yet I have had no use for the defrost I am assuming those two ducts fasten to the underside of the dash at the base of the windshield? Two required per vehicle? Are all years the same?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
4,883 Posts
I apologize for hijacking but once I saw this thread I decided to peek my head under the dash of my 65. Having not driven it yet I have had no use for the defrost I am assuming those two ducts fasten to the underside of the dash at the base of the windshield? Two required per vehicle? Are all years the same?

Thanks in advance
'62-'65 are the same

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Thanks in advance
Alright... sorry it took a minute, but this is them in place under the dash. They attach, via "s" clips to the 2 line flanges on either side of the vents. Hope this helps.
Wood Bell Church bell Gas Automotive tire
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Automotive design

1 - 15 of 15 Posts