Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting this message "You may not edit more than 10 different post(s) within 7 days" I haven't edited but one post in weeks.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Not really and answer to your questions, but...
I've noticed the SNS has been acting kinda strange the last few days (at intermittent times). Maybe the site designers are doing some "behind the scenes" fixes/updates to the site that could be affecting other functions. I was having issues using the "Advanced Search" function earlier today.
Try to re-edit your selected post in a few hours to see if the problem persists.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I’ve seen/gotten that “Edit” message.. I don’t count how many edits I have done and I don’t know why it would even matter how many I or anyone else would have done to limit the Edits of posts..

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
remember all that strange writing in some posts a few weeks back, there might be a bug in the system.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Info from Release Notes #30
Editing Posts
To summarize how editing works, members have unlimited editing of new posts for the first 24 hours after posting. Up to 10 existing posts (older than 24 hours) may be edited per week. More editing will be allowed as each of those 10 edits expires every 7 days.

·
13,083 Posts
RifRaf 's comment above is correct. There is no 'bug' in the system. I've found this message appearing from time-to-time as well. Nothing more than a reminder on the site editing function.

Bob

·
Registered
947 Posts
At least the new edit feature is an improvement over the first edit feature rolled out with the new SNS format.
The first edit feature only let members edit their post up to 24 hours... after 24 hours you were no longer able to edit the post. The new edit feature lets members edit older posts... with a weekly limit though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ok I understand, but why is there a limit?
It may not be a problem here, but I was a member of a hobby forum that permitted unlimited editing of old posts. Every once in a while, a member would get mad and edit or delete all their old posts out of spite which would remove useful content from threads. That is why some platforms have a limit.

·
13,083 Posts
It may not be a problem here, but I was a member of a hobby forum that permitted unlimited editing of old posts. Every once in a while, a member would get mad and edit or delete all their old posts out of spite which would remove useful content from threads. That is why some platforms have a limit.
That happened here on a number of occasions over the years. Some very valuable information and resource material was lost.

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
I agree with rebob. I wish everyone could repost their photos. Tons of info was destroyed by photopukeit which made
the threads useless. A picture is worth a thousand words and it's true. I've found some threads that would have been
very useful if the photos could have been restored. I've tried to restore some of mine but not lately. There is a lot of old
posts that nobody can easily find which would be useful to newer members if they could only be brought forward with
updated photos.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts