Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know how the installation was and how much it cost you? Is it worth the investment and time? I want my car to have a really low stance but I am worried about scraping the exhaust on speed bumps and driveway slopes with the normal suspension. I am currently thinking of a front clip and rear leaf or 4 link.
thanks.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I have a whole setup for a TCI PT front clip and TCI 4 link! 2200.00 It's all ride tech shockwaves and have ride height sensors and 3gal all in one tank. It was a great ride just decided to change plans.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you please show me pics of the all the items included and also the stance of your vehicle with it up and lowered.
Thanks!
Rob

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have Shockwaves on the front of my 66, stock clip, 2" drop spindles w/disc brakes. In the video I start at road ride height, position 2, then go up to position 3 for speed bumps or bad roads, then drop it to position 1, then again drop it to the bump stops. I love the option to do any of this from the drivers seat. I would say I have about $2500 into the setup.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool! Thanks for showing my this. What about the rear? I want it front and rear.
Rob

·
Registered
147 Posts
I only did the front because I still have the single leaf spring setup, If I decide to go with 4 link setup later I will also add the air springs in the rear, For now the system is using my air shocks in the rear.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Car is not finished but had it all together to check all panel fit and suspension. Second picture is lowered TCI frt with dropped spindle' Shockwaves frt and rear, First picture is ride height. Car is painted now and doing final assemble,
IMG_0626.JPG
IMG_0656.JPG

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow! Really nice. Any problems with the tire rubbing the top of the mini tubs? What size rear tires are you running?
Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thank's, No problem with the tire's rubbing when lowered . There is about 2 1/2" to 3" of clearance at top but the front starts to get tight. Rear tires are 315/35R17 on a 11" wide rim with 3 3/4" b.s.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have Shockwaves on the front of my 66, stock clip, 2" drop spindles w/disc brakes. In the video I start at road ride height, position 2, then go up to position 3 for speed bumps or bad roads, then drop it to position 1, then again drop it to the bump stops. I love the option to do any of this from the drivers seat. I would say I have about $2500 into the setup.
How would you rate the ride quality?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those of you who have had it or still do have you had any problems with it like air leaking, etc? I’ve been told that it can sometimes leak and it’s a problem if it does while on a drive and you need to have it towed home. Any truth to that?
Thanks,
Rob

·
6,268 Posts
Depends on the installation. DIY fuel injection is another item that depends mostly on the installation. As far as air ride is concerned, there are all kinds of vehicles that use air ride from cars to transports. It would be an extreme case where one of those needs to be towed because of an air ride system failure.

·
Registered
75 Posts
This will be my third vehicle with Air Ride. I have had a 34 Ford Sedan, a 1948 Pick-Up and now the Nova. All have had the full air management system's, ride height and pressure sensors. Installation of the airbag's or Shockvwave's so that ride height is achieved at about half of their inflation can control how firm or soft the ride feel's. The only issue I have had was actually my fault. I had taken the front airbag and mounting cup out to do some sway bar work. Some how I had reinstalled the bag and cup a little tilted so that when inflated the bag had little fold or pinch in it. A small piece of gravel got stuck in the fold ( while being driven ) and put a very small puncture in the bag. It did not blow out like a balloon just had a very small air leak. This happened while on my way to Back to The 50's. I was able to enjoy the whole weekend just had to make an air adjustment every so often.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
I wanted to know how the installation was and how much it cost you? Is it worth the investment and time? I want my car to have a really low stance but I am worried about scraping the exhaust on speed bumps and driveway slopes with the normal suspension. I am currently thinking of a front clip and rear leaf or 4 link.
thanks.
6E646821-DF04-48C0-BB86-73F677B918E8.jpeg

as low as I can go

1 - 16 of 16 Posts