Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: I got a really good deal on a set of full length headers made by Cyclone that are to fit 1st and 2nd gen V8's. Has anybody ran these before or heard anything about them? They're new in the box but the box looks a little old. I can't seem to find info too easily anywhere.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
I had a set on my big block that I put on in 1985 and they lasted until 2001, I had great luck with them and the fit was great.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Hi

Hi,
I also had a set on my Nova, but that was in the 70's also.
Haven't heard that name in quite a while, not sure if they are still in business or not.
Ken

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks alot guys. I guess I will be rollin' old skool. Hey, if they work they work. I'm just tryin' to get the thing on the road as fast as I can.

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
The original "CYCLONE BRAND" not the Model as in Dynomax Cyclone headers.

They were owned by the Mr. Gasket company. And became Blackjack headers. Then Mr. Gasket sold that part of the company to Headman headers.

I remember them well, they had a pain in the "A" 4 bolt hole collector flange.

You will find a lot of older headers are much better than econo headers of today, they had heavy flange, thick tubes.
you will also find them to be a pain in the "A" in some applications. They did not have quality bending machines back then. They were assembled in a crude way with a man made jig. Heavy welds!

AL

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
headers

Not tring to steal your thread, but I still have a set of NIB "Cragar" headers for a first gen. I think I bought them for $45 in 1970.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Had a set of Cyclones back in the day. I remember thay had separate flanges at the exhaust ports instead of one long flange that bolted to the head. These were a "BEAR" to install initially trying to get the bolts started, but went on ok after running them awhile. Made changing plugs a littlt easier. I was happy with their performance, though.

·
Registered
234 Posts
:confused: I got a really good deal on a set of full length headers made by Cyclone that are to fit 1st and 2nd gen V8's. Has anybody ran these before or heard anything about them? They're new in the box but the box looks a little old. I can't seem to find info too easily anywhere.

Holy thread resurrection Batman! I found a set of Cyclone's today at a swap meet, and I think they're for a Chevy II. Any chance you might have a picture or two of your Cyclones?

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Nope, I don't recall hearing this brand until this thread. But who knows I think I have forgotten more then I remember!! :D

:ragtop:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ummm yaaa...those really good deals...you really need to be careful of those. I didn't know what they fit and I was told by the seller they were for 1st and 2nd gen novas. Well after i bought them and tried to fit em real quick, I did the old head scratchin' thing. Nope not gonna fit in here. Did some net searching...come to find out they were for a freaking chevelle. At least i had the part nbr to look up. And no, there isn't much info on cyclones because they are old school.

Dat dare is wut ya call edumucashon.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The Cyclone name became Dynomaxmin the early 90's if my memory serves me right I know I was working in a parts store (non computer used catalogs) at the time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you have any pictures of the bbc cyclone headers. I have a set.of 21/8 with bolt on colltors." For Chevelle I Hope "
!!! ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts