Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tubular control arms.

I don't remember how exactly I came across them but I think it was someone on here that linked them. I can't find who or where it was posted.

I'm asking because I was wondering if anyone who had them has anything to say about them, good, bad or indifferent.

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
12,005 Posts
My recommendation would be to pass. Have a friend that put them on a 68 Camaro and they were junk. Considering quality ball joints and bushings to rebuild stock arms cost more than the total price of these arms is saying a lot about the quality off materials being used.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
My buddy has these on a his 67 bbc camaro. Car gets a lot of street miles and has many 10 sec passes on it with zero issues.:yes: They are a bit heavy but he has had no issues whatsoever with them. Been on his car for 3 years now!

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I bought a set to get the lowers for my El Camino, but I forgot about the ball joints being different with my existing Global West uppers and tall spindles. They are pretty stout material, but after getting them partially installed before realizing the ball joint issue, I guess they will go on another project--can't really say about the ball joint quality, but the arms are built just as well as the GW's I have on 2 other cars.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone who replied. That's what I needed to hear, one of the reasons I was honestly looking at them was for the uppers, and the built in 4* of caster. Maybe I will rebuild the ones on the car now and put in some tall ball joints instead.

Thanks for the input people.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts