Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this was common in the older days as it was the easiest way to fit big tires with the stock rears in these cars. i personally never liked radiused quarters on these year cars but the quarters on my 74 need minor patch work instead of full quarters so im considering doing it to this car. if anyone has a car like this or any good pictures id like to see them. if i do it im not going to build the lip out into a flare like most were. instead id do it more like a circle track car with a flat radius that follows the shape of the tire.

still up in the air right now. i saw a neat thread on here where front fender openings were used to raise the wheel opening up 2" i believe. im open to any other ideas as well.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes exactly like the picture but im not going to touch the front fenders i dont think. that is an awesome looking car though. theres a lots of old drag cars with the quarters cut but most have flares built on them in fiberglass. just looking for some pictures without the flares and just a round radius.

thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tommy, that was the thread i was referring to. thanks. my only question was how the inner wheel tub was made to fit but after looking at the pictures it looks as though they were cut back and then relief cut and folded at the edge.

if i dont radius them i may go this route instead. still if anyone has any pictures or owns a car that has radiused openings id like to see them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts