Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Here is a true story...

My boy (26 year old) just went there on the 4th of July weekend with his Army buddies (he is a full time NM Army National Guard member), and late on the 4th of July, they witnessed some guy (most likely not from there) beat on a young lady (girlfriend?), and he and his buddy stopped the cab, got out and confronted the guy. So the guy sucker-punches his buddy, and all of the sudden my boy has this girl jumping on him from the back and around the neck, so he pushes her off, and in the confusion he loses track of the guy, so when he spots the guy again, he sees his buddy unconsious on the ground, and the guy about to kick his face in, so he drops him with a kick to the face...they all ended up in jail. By boy had to pay $750 dollars to bail his rear out of jail, but they all had to do the same or stay in jail. I am sure that alcohol was a factor. I do not condone his behavior, but I was not there, and he has not been on fights since his return from Boot Camp (8 years ago) when he was jumped by 6 local kids (16 - 19 year olds) at the bowling alley in Rio Rancho (by the way, he won that one :D:D:D; you just don't jump someone who had just endured 16 weeks of hell in Marine Corps' Boot Camp...:rolleyes::D).

I would recommend to you to go there during the week and speak with the locals. Like in every other town that relies in tourism, the majority of the problems are caused by outsiders, but also like in any other town, society is reflected in some percentage across the local population.

GerryLP:cool:

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Is there anyone on the board that is from the Lake Havasu Arizona area? We are planning to move there in Sept.
no im not from arizona ( lake havabrew ) but since your a drag racer firebird raceway isnt to far from there and neither is the strip in las vegas..... i do know a couple of the outlaw street guys from arizona ( im not talking about outlaw street guys from psca , nmra , wcpma , nmca , either ) im talking ligitimit street cars that hall rrrssss 8 and 9 second street cars they have there own little group of guys who go and reek havoc on the pro guys :devil: :yes:

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
In the summer time, I go to Havasu a couple of times a month. Sorry to hear about Gerry's boy getting his tit in a ringer but, that has been going there since my dad was a kid. Now that I am older (hopefully wiser) we do not go on the Holiday weekends.
The lifestyle there is mellow, people are very nice, and no Ca. bull****. I would recommend renting for a month or so and familiarize yourself with the town. There are alot of really nice areas with some really nice homes but, there are a few areas that are older and not as desireable. If you would like to rent a place for the weekend or a couple of weeks, I have a condo on the water that I rent out. Sean

·
Registered
97 Posts
I just moved from havasu. Stupid hott out there. That sucks about your boy. Havasu pd are real jerks. I use to deal with them almost everyday and they think there better then everyone, and I worked for Sheriff department

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
I just moved from havasu. Stupid hott out there. That sucks about your boy. Havasu pd are real jerks. I use to deal with them almost everyday and they think there better then everyone, and I worked for Sheriff department
I am sure that it is an issue in most smaller towns. And to tell you the truth, the few times I have been there, I never had any issues or experienced bad situations.

I am not trying to make him look less answerable than anyone else, but it is surely fitting that he got into the brawl on the reasons in which he did. When someone has done two tours in Iraq, and they have a higher sense of duty as he does, fear is not a word used in their vocabulary unless when they're dealing with their mothers...:yes::D:D:D...lolol, but seriously, when a person is like that, these encounters will happen, for jerks happen.:D

The city made out that night with $4,500 dollars in fines. But justice prevailed. Everyone involved had to pay the fine, so no favoritism or unfairness took place.

GerryLP:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts