Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a guy that has the complete kit, never installed that he's practically giving away. For what he's asking I won't lode my money if I scrap it. Kit includes everything except the cross member that the parts bolt to as it was welded to his car. He never got around to installing the rest. Includes, rotors, calipers, spindles, etc. As I look at phoyos the crossmember looks nearly the same as what's on the Speedway Motors bolt on front subframe.

Curious if anyone has one of these and might be able to take some measurements for me?

·
Registered
1963 Chevrolet II Nova SS
710 Posts
No, I never had one and I don't have any pictures but I do remember the set-up as I looked into it many years ago. There wasn't much available in the early 90's for these cars. Arizona Nova was the hit ticket if you had money. I did not, and I went with Global West ball joint spacers or something which allowed 68-72 spindles and brakes but didn't do much for the handling.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
The name of the company was "Arizona Nova" and they were the 1st to offer a complete kit to swap from stock suspension to Mustang II. Prior to that all you could do was have a shop custom fabricate something.

I bought the Arizona Nova kit in 1994 before any of the Clips or other aftermarket suspension kits were available. It was the hot ticket and was in all the magazines.

Then about 2 years later Heidts released the 1st bolt-on Mustang II clip with no welding required and the rest is history.

I don't think Arizona Nova exists anymore but you can still buy weld-in cross members to accomplish the same thing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The name of the company was "Arizona Nova" and they were the 1st to offer a complete kit to swap from stock suspension to Mustang II. Prior to that all you could do was have a shop custom fabricate something.

I bought the Arizona Nova kit in 1994 before any of the Clips or other aftermarket suspension kits were available. It was the hot ticket and was in all the magazines.

Then about 2 years later Heidts released the 1st bolt-on Mustang II clip with no welding required and the rest is history.

I don't think Arizona Nova exists anymore but you can still buy weld-in cross members to accomplish the same thing.
Any idea what weld in crossmemeber would work for the parts to be bolt on?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Personally, I would skip it. I think you're going to have trouble fitting it to a cross member, you'll never know what to get for replacement parts, and you'll always be fighting alignment as you'll have no specs for it. Just my 2C on it. Good luck going forward on whatever you do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts