Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of converting my 63SS from manual steering to Power Steering. Currently have a 350 TPI with headers and AC under the hood so that should not be a problem..I hope??

So, does anybody sell the entire unit-soup to nuts to convert once and for all? Any leads would be appreciated. Also: If you've done it, was it worth it?

Thanks, Bob Again, it's a 63...

·
Registered
558 Posts
Look under community

Their is a list of all members under the community header under i you can find ibuildem. Or go to the vendors list under TCI and find a post by ibuildem (tim),send him a personal message by clicking on his logo and pick send a personal message. Ibuildem is his nickname on here.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
The options are numerous, about every aftermarket company that sells nova parts will have a PS kit. I converted mine using the Borgeson Kit, it was an easy and clean install looks stock. You can also go the Rack and pinion route for a more modern swap. Kits from CBR or CPP or easy to install. Keep us posted on your swap with pictures. We like pictures.

·
Premium Member
1,734 Posts
PS swap

Added stock PS to most of my projects, a number of parts required to do so, the last one I used the upgraded bearing idler arm kit from Chevy 2 Only.. makes the car steer like a go cart:devil: some of the parts required are shown in the picture.. missing is the PS relay rod and the 2 pump mounting brackets..

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
In for answers. Im going to do the same. Im looking at buying a quick ratio steering box from another car (monte carlo ss?), buying a pump, and then having the lines made. Id like to have 2.5 turns lock to lock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts