Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
14,139 Posts
I can't see it, either. Your picture is probably too large. Try reducing the size.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
4,104 Posts
On my computer, I get a 3 second look at it. All I can notice in that time is a '65 grille, and some tricky wheel well radius work at the rear quarter. Think it has some history to it? What do you know about it?

·
Registered
1970 Nova SS 350 Brandon, MS
559 Posts
Is that the Merc from "Grease" in the background??

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,932 Posts
not all that bad -a - looking car ------

IF --- those rear quarter wheel openings are-not ALL Bondo -- at that wheel "lip" ...

you never know ........ jim

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,932 Posts
................... "ShoeboxNovaGuy"

This IS exactly why we need to "look at your intro box -- and see just where you are from (location & year of Nova You own).

............. I'm just saying .... jim

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Generally speaking, I’m not an advocate for radiused rear wheel arches on 1st gen Nova’s.. These don’t do anything to change my position on this matter.. I’m not speaking in terms of quality of the execution but solely from an aesthetic standpoint.. The body lines in the rear quarter panel are disturbed and clumsy feeling in most cases. From a practical standpoint, I fully understand why opening up the rear arches is a solution that becomes necessary in some cases. Making it not look awkward is not an easy task..

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Where is it in New England? While not large states, how they treat the roads can be different, same for living near the coast or inland in the mountains.

·
Registered
63 SS
951 Posts
I don’t like those wheel openings either. If the car is fairly priced and you have skills to redo the qrts go for it. It would be a good little muscle car to tinker with. If you don’t mind the wheel openings then there’s a savings you can apply elsewhere in the car.

It all depends what final outcome you’re aiming for.

·
Registered
651 Posts
A co-worker years ago had a car that sort of reminds me of this car. It had a cowl hood and some old mag wheels and was dark purple. It looked like a car that someone who didn't know anything about cars, but wanted a hot rod, built. If that makes sense. Anyone with a fast car would assume it wasn't fast, but it ran mid 10's with a shot of nitrous on street tires.
This to me would be a fun car to buy and make into a super sleeper.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts