Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get some front-end work done on my '67 Nova and it would be handy if someone had an old Flat-Rate Labor Guide that covered this car so people could avoid being over-charged for work!

If someone out there can do a look-up for me it would be great:
I need to have time est. for R&R of Lower Control Arms on '67 Nova.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
being the flat rate manual is outdated, the technology is now outdated... i doubt they'd use it for estimating purposes.

best bet is to talk to your local, reputable auto mechanic and just get an estimate for the work required. can't be overcharged when you have a written estimate. :no:

i've seen quite a few folks overcharged for different services but they left an open ended work order... if they were overcharged it was due to their own negligence...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Original Labor Estimates Should Still be "In The Ball Park"

I agree that, as long as you get an estimate up-front you should be "safe" but, budget-wise, it would be nice to know how many hours of labor would be required for basic repairs before talking to a mechanic. I have not done R&R on Nova LCAs before or I would have an idea...
The original Flat-Rate labor time estimates should still be good and the old books must be floating-around somewhere. The only difference would be hourly labor rates that are now $100/ hr. instead of $19/hr. that they were then!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts