Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on a '65 project wagon, and although am not near wiring anything up; wanted to get some feedback from anyone who has used aftermarket wiring harness's such as Painless, etc.

I'm not sure if I should just stick with OE type harnesses or try an aftermarket harness.

Are the aftermarkets like painless specific to car model or are you doing a lot of cutting/splicing? I assume the color codes match the OE wiring diagram or are you just starting from scratch? I was looking at some painless ads in the Classic Industries parts catalog and there are quite a few.

I don't see myself adding anything electrically to the wagon from stock other than aftermarket A/C and the use of a 1-wire alternator.

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Ill second the EZ wire kit. While I have not installed it yet it
looks very straight forward and all wires are marked the length
of the wire so you almost can't screw up (I need that:))Great
price on them too.

Chuck

·
14,588 Posts
I just finished installing the American Autowire Classic Update harness. It is a quality piece with good instructions and free tech help. They give you more pieces than you need.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback guys. When I read 18 or 15 ckt harnesses; I assume that refers to the individual fuses? I guess I'm not even sure what stock was to know how many I would need, but will read up.

Are the EX kits individual harnesses or a "1 harness does it all" kind of deal?

Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts