Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for rear shocks my for 1970 nova. I don't want air shocks again, and want to know if anybody has any ideas? I don't know if there is a regular gas, or coil over shock that will give me a little extra hieght. Thanks for the help. Kyle

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
If you convert to coilovers yes, you can adjust ride height, or a combo of air bags & shocks. Shocks aren't for setting ride height, they are for controlling the up and down motion rates. Springs or air bags are for setting the height.
Why is it you are need more height? If it's for tire clearance, correct the situation with the right wheel backspacing & tire size. If it's for towing or heavy loads, install a heavier load spring with the same spring length.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about shackles? My tires have about 1/4 inch of clearance to quarter panel lips. I'm trying to avoid air shocks, or grinding lips.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Just beat the lip back and up a little bit with a BFH. Just make sure you don't bend the lip in. Shackles don't look right. Getting wheels with the right BS would be best.

Kev

Wrong Fit:

Right Fit:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts