Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wanting to see the complete system from dynatech installed in a 3rd gen...

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Im wanting to see the complete system from dynatech installed in a 3rd gen...
To do mine I used Dynatech 1 3/4" x 1 7/8" stepped headers, Pypes x-pipe, and mandrel bent tailpipes from Ebay (I saved the seller) which are 3". I will post up for you anyways if interested.

No pipe was needed, mock up and cut off the front bell of the x pipe so it fit's in the Dynatech header extensions, ended up cutting about one inch off of the tail end of the x pipe as needed. Fit's like a glove. I can get you the seller's Ebay listing if you need it for the tailpipes. He makes them also in stainless for an extra $75.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To do mine I used Dynatech 1 3/4" x 1 7/8" stepped headers, Pypes x-pipe, and mandrel bent tailpipes from Ebay (I saved the seller) which are 3". I will post up for you anyways if interested.

No pipe was needed, mock up and cut off the front bell of the x pipe so it fit's in the Dynatech header extensions, ended up cutting about one inch off of the tail end of the x pipe as needed. Fit's like a glove. I can get you the seller's Ebay listing if you need it for the tailpipes. He makes them also in stainless for an extra $75.
Please do....

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
I will pm you his link and he does them in 2 1/2" and 3" aluminum coated or stainless. If you use what I used as for as headers (same brand-smaller ok probably) and same x pipe then you will not need any more pipe or bends. PM incoming in a minute. If he doesn't have any listings now then contact him and he will make some I am sure.

PS: Don't mind the ugly rearend, as soon as I build the rear I will clean it up and paint it.

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Dynatech

Dynatechs are a super high quality header, very well made and very well engineered. You will not blow out or warp the collector gasket. Both ends use a 3/8" flange. I paid $349 for these shipped, but they are a little more since we don't have the guy as a sponsor anymore here.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Do you have any shots from the side of the car? I'm trying to find some headers that don't hang way lower than the frame.

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Do you have any shots from the side of the car? I'm trying to find some headers that don't hang way lower than the frame.

You can't get any tighter than these are.

The collectors swivel and I had to actually tilt them downward a little to clear the crossmember which they did without any problems. Looks like Dynatech engineered their collector to be up tight, but not running into anything. They do have a 1 5/8" x 1 3/4" header also if you want the smaller ones.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Awesome, looks like they're way higher than the headers I have now. :yes:

Do you happen to have the part numbers for the headers, x-pipe and tail pipes?

And maybe a video to hear it? :D:D:D

EDIT: WOW how did you get them for so cheap? I'm looking on Summit and ebay and the only cheap ones are the ugly painted ones. Anything ceramic coated is at least $500. :eek:

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
I have the Dynatech exhaust and headers. I have the MuscleMaxx 2-1/2'' exhaust kit. I don't have any pics of when they were installed but I have a video since people wanted to know how they sound. Here's how they sound with my set up.

·
Registered
20,109 Posts

EDIT: WOW how did you get them for so cheap? I'm looking on Summit and ebay and the only cheap ones are the ugly painted ones. Anything ceramic coated is at least $500. :eek:
I'll see if I can post them up when I get home today.

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Thanks! How does it sound? Thanks again
You're welcome, and it's loud when I get on it, but I like it. Here is a video, but I need to make a new one.

I have since replaced and tightened that ugly squealing belt and I have around 1700 miles on it. No problems, only had to retighten the lower radiator hose at the water pump. No leaks of any kind and no oil usage. It hauls the mail, but needs that 4.10 gear as I have the factory 2.73 gear in it right now.

·
Registered
20,109 Posts

Header part #-740-21310, 1 3/4"x1 7/8" stepped & coated with 3" collectors( check their website as part numbers have changed I believe, XVF13(409 stainless -driveshaft tunnel kit, and tailpipes

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Mandrel-T...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a594eb825

http://www.dynatechheaders.com/m_nova_68_74.html
My part number above is correct. If you don't have a lot of motor 450-550 hp then you don't need the big tube headers and a 2.5" exhaust system would do for you. Going to a full 3" will make the car louder and then adding the x-pipe will tone it down just a bit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts