Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '63 4dr Nova 400 is bone stock (White/ Aqua) and I've been thinking about restoring it back to original. But... I see a lot of great looking first Gen Novas and wondering what a non stock, maybe mild or wild 4 door might be like. Paint, motor, wheels etc.

Does anyone have any pics?

James

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think the four doors are cool. They are easier to find unmodified and are definatly cheaper than a 2 door. I think mine would be on the wild end of your scale. I built a whole new frame for it, rear 4-link from a 70 Impala, Narrowed 12 bolt, 26x12.5 MT Sportmans, Cragar SS rims, CPP disc brake kit, Poly bushings, and a whole bunch of good stuff to come. With my recently aquired 427 4 bolt block come a little ol' 496. :D I guess i need to update my website to show some upgrades pics. If you have any questions, please ask away.
Jeramie

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
jlsworks said:
Does anyone have any pics?

James

Welcome James !!! i hope ya enjoy the Site :)

here's a few, give it a bit and i'm sure more will get posted...

the Pro-Street is off an E-Bay ad... the red 62 belongs to our own "sixtyII" (Neal)

Neal's shot is a rendering... we're hoping he scallops it... dunno if he will though.

Johnny (best of luck) and welcome to the club :)

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
the Flyer said:
Neal's shot is a rendering... we're hoping he scallops it... dunno if he will though.
Johnny (best of luck) and welcome to the club :)

Thanks Johnny.. Scallops are on the way, but Ill prolly repaint it first to flat black like I wanted to do in the first place.

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
I like 4 doors, and so does my Sawsall!!:rolleyes:

They do have their place though!!:eek:

JUST KIDDING!!

I think I found a '62 Moordoor for my next project.:D ;)

Hey Neal, what happened to the Pro-Street S-10?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great! Nice pics, thank you.
I've toyed with the idea of painting it not original, this is just what I need, keep it coming.
James

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
NIGHTSHADE said:
I like 4 doors, and so does my Sawsall!!:rolleyes:

They do have their place though!!:eek:

JUST KIDDING!!

I think I found a '62 Moordoor for my next project.:D ;)

Hey Neal, what happened to the Pro-Street S-10?
You are truly evil!!!

As for the prostreet s10 its still in the planning stages. It doesnt help when I take the moordoor out for a cruise. Today I took the grocery getter to get groceries. So now Im wavering in what I want. tetter-totter goes my head. I still would like to get more done to the moordoor before I sell it. So im learning about s10's and planning stuff for the nova. Im sure the moordoor will survive this year.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I trade my GMC s15 and a 70 camaro to get my Chevy II... :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
.... actually -I was gonna put a 67 chevy II nose on the s-truck - had fenders -headlight buckets a tapemeasure etc...

but fell in love with the 64 and HAD to have it -loved the roof line!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Man, I dig that Black 66 4 door !!

It makes me want to keep the Red 66 4 door of ours.

-Brent Thomas
Ohio

·
Registered
569 Posts
That Yellow 63 4 door is just plain AWESOME !

Got any more pics of that one ? ( or others,:)

We were originally going to go with a bright yellow (77 Corvette) on our own 63 4 door, but decided to be more subdued and go with mitsubishi (sorry) Durango Copper Pearl.
But, since it's not painted yet, might rethink, lol

~ AL

·
Registered
569 Posts
62droptop said:
Nah unfortunately that is my only pic of the yellow 4 door. I liked the wheels on it but he wouldn't entertain an offer on them. If anyone has a set let me know and I might give ya some change for them. ray.
I'd think those 4 lug aluminum slots would not be too hard to find.

As far as I know,same bolt pattern as early Mustang / Falcon (or Corvair), so I imagine many sets are out there someplace.

I do have a set of American Racing 14 x 6 , 4 lug wheels, new in the boxes, if anyone's interested - got em for our 63, but we might go to 5 lug, since we'd like to add the disc brakes.

~ AL

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Green Dragon said:
I'd think those 4 lug aluminum slots would not be too hard to find.
Nah there not hard to find. I got a set in my garage. Just sitting there too. Not being used at all. Collecting dust...

Actually I think they are hard to find.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Blurry pic of my ´64 (not taken by me :) )

No, it´s definetly not wild and nothing special on it, just a normal 4door ChevyII. Hoping to get it repainted this summer, and with new paint, chrome bumpers, trim etc. it will start looking like a car again...

1 - 20 of 68 Posts