Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
14,166 Posts
Great car, but I'm seeing more than just a paint job and detail. This looks almost like a complete restoration. The mileage, although hard to see, looks like 59,715, but the seats appear to have never had a bum on them. The carpet, kick panels and glove box look new as does the trunk mat. The engine compartment is spotless and shining in new paint and pictures of original 63s show a '194' decal on the valve cover, not on the air cleaner. The chrome instrument bezel looks like a repo, because it doesn't have the flat silver finish on the inside rim. Doesn't look like an almost 60,000 mile car with just a re-paint to me.

What we have here is a pretty basic Nova SS. No PB or PS, no bumper guards, no passenger side mirror and appears to not even have a padded dash. The standard equipment 3 on the tree fits right in with all this. Lots of buyers in '63 were still happy to shift their own gears and keep the $167 for the PG in their pocket. The buyer may also have passed on the extra cost radio. Anybody see an antenna?

Love the look of the car overall, but I think there may be more to the story than is being told. I also think 42K is way beyond the valuation for this car.

Bob

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
About 20K to much

1 - 5 of 5 Posts