Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do.. I only ask because they value my car at a price point that does not make sense.

Thats why I am asking.

Are they dependable if you have a claim?

Just curious. My car aint worth that much insurance guys...

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I do.. I only ask because they value my car at a price point that does not make sense.

Thats why I am asking.

Are they dependable if you have a claim?

Just curious. My car aint worth that much insurance guys...
Hagerty insures my cr at a value of 42K Site unseen. Just pictures. Been with them for 12 years.

My car is not worth 42K is my point!!

·
Registered
1963 Chevrolet II Nova SS
644 Posts
I had Hagerty, and loved them. Never had a claim or anything but have known a few that have and were very satisfied. They never needed pictures of my vehicles as long as they were in normal ranges of market trends. I was cancelled when my son turned 16 and got his license. They won't cover cars in households with drivers under 25. Which is crazy as they have all these promotions to get kids interested in old cars.

·
Registered
1967 Nova SS
691 Posts
I have Hagerty coverage on my Nova and 63 C-10. Have had no claims yet (hope I don't). Haven't heard of any negative issues.

·
Registered
1972 Nova 350 700r4 12 bolt skyroof
11 Posts
I've used Hagerty for all my old cars. They insure my cars for an agreed upon value. Never had a claim either.

·
Registered
1963 Hardtop W.I.P.
327 Posts
For me it was through Allstate. Never had a claim. They require enclosed storage. Requested basic photos for my requested insurance value of $25K. It's super cheap. I think it was $300 for a year when running and its like $75 for protection against mishaps now thats its not.

·
Registered
251 Posts
A friend of mine just had a claim on Haggerty when his 64 Stingray had an engine fire and burnt up the front of the car. They totaled it and paid the amount listed for it and he bought the car back and is now doing a restore on it. He bought a C7 Stingray convertible with the money he had left over buying his C3 back.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've had Hagerty for my cars for years, thankfully I've never needed to put in a claim but have peace of mind knowing exactly what I'll get if there is a major issue (total, fire ect). I was debating between Grundy and Hagerty, my good friend owns a body shop and does restorations as well a repairing classic cars that had unfortunate accidents/fires ect. He said that any dealings he ever had with Hagerty have been some of the best he's ever had with insurance co's. No bs no nickle and diming him, he recommends them exclusively, thats all I needed to hear to make my decision.

·
Registered
961 Posts
i pay $130/yr, 8500 miles/yr limit with Erie Insurance, agreed upon value. Hagerty was double for the same coverage. Simple decision.

In my mind, my car does not have a ton of value; it's basically stock other than the V-8 and four speed, with driver quality paint job and bodywork.

-Rusty

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,805 Posts
I also recently got a price quote from Hagerty and Grundy for the same type of coverage... with the same agreed value for my Nova. I went with Grundy because Hagerty was almost 3 times more expensive then Grundy. I have also read a lot of positive reviews on Grundy insurance.
Hagerty insures my car at a value of 42K Site unseen. Just pictures. Been with them for 12 years.
My car is not worth 42K is my point!!
Even though you feel your car is not worth 42K, Hagerty did agree to this value and will pay you that amount if your car is determined to be a total loss.
But... the premiums that you are paying to Hagerty are based on a car that is worth 42K. If you feel your car is worth less, you could always contact Hagerty and provide them with a lower value, and thereby reducing your insurance premiums.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had Hagerty, and loved them. Never had a claim or anything but have known a few that have and were very satisfied. They never needed pictures of my vehicles as long as they were in normal ranges of market trends.

Sounds like me. Thanks.. JR

1 - 14 of 14 Posts