Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all,

Last summer / fall, I posted to see if anyone would be interested in getting together to have a picnic and talk cars. I am posting this again, to see if we can get some people together to talk cars, enjoy some good food, and meet some new friends. If you are interested, please reply. Depending on how many respond will determine if we have it at someone's home, a public park, or somewhere else. We do not have the year round good weather as some others do, so we need to make hay while the sun shines. I hope we can get something together.

Tiny

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
Some park sounds good- I'm a little limited in my travels these days, as in distance...and once August rolls around my schedule is shot.

Pick a place to your own taste and lets see what happens.

·
Vendor
94 Posts
Summit Meet?

Hi Tiny, This is Chuck Sr. Sounds like a good idea, i did not make last year being in England but this year is a go. what do you think about trying to get Summit to have a Nova meet. I know they have a heavy summer schedule but that would be a good draw if we could get them to help sponsor a Nova meet like they did in Southern California at the CPP company. Don't give up keep posting for requests.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
I'm Planning to come home (Ohio) this fall to see my dad,sister and cousins.
Anything happening in Sept? Going to the Cambridge and Akron area's.

Thanks Chuck

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
sounds like something I may be interested in, depending on when and where. Akron area only 2-3 hour drive from here.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good morning SNS'ers, good to see some interest growing for a get together. I will see who I can speak with at Summit, that is a great idea.

Stay tuned for updates!

Tiny

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
I'm like 20 minutes from Summit- who knows, maybe my interior would be done by then and the car in paint? Cool.

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
I'm a definite maybe depending on the date and location.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hell I'd roll down to Summit it's not that far..just have to leave the credit card at home or I'll get in trouble at that place.

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
I'd be interested, depending on when. The car will be done in July, so.......

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'd be interested, if needed I could supply the meeting place at the garage I rent. I have enough area to park at least 100 Nova's I am aprox 1 hour west of Summit (Akron), 1 hour north of Columbus 45 min south of Sandusky I am near the intersections of state route's 224 and 13 also not far from state route 250 or 61.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
I'd be interested, if needed I could supply the meeting place at the garage I rent. I have enough area to park at least 100 Nova's I am aprox 1 hour west of Summit (Akron), 1 hour north of Columbus 45 min south of Sandusky I am near the intersections of state route's 224 and 13 also not far from state route 250 or 61.
100 Nova's would almost cover the whole town!!!!

Just kidding- I grew up in Willard. Hope something can be put together for a get-together.:D:D:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Glad to see this thread is perking up. I have contacted Summit Racing about the possibility of having it there, waiting for something a little more solid. This will happen this summer, just a matter of where. As far as Columbus GoodGuys, I will be there. I am pretty sure Chuck and Chuck Sr. (Church Boys Racing) will be there. They are great to meet and see. Hopefully many others will be there as well. If so maybe we can meet up somewhere for a spell and put some faces to names.

Tiny

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
Yep, I'm already registered for Columbus Good-Guys, and have the hotel rooms already. We go every year, so I will definately be there. I'll have the Nova and my dad should have the Ventura there as well.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This has not slipped off of the radar, just been busy with the car. I would still like opinions on where and when, Summit has not replied and to be honest I have not followed up. I need to call them again. As they say, a penny for your thoughts!!

Tiny

1 - 20 of 27 Posts