Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
rockers

Yes, they are for stock 3/8 studs.
These are roller tips, not full roller rockers.
Their really isn't much of an advantage of using these over stock rockers, they still have the same pivot ball design as stock rockers.
I would just get some stock rockers and use them until you can purchase some true rollers.
In my opinion!
Mike
By the way, why can't you use the self aligning roller you have.
They will work if you take off your guide plates.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Yes, they are for stock 3/8 studs.
These are roller tips, not full roller rockers.
Their really isn't much of an advantage of using these over stock rockers, they still have the same pivot ball design as stock rockers.
I would just get some stock rockers and use them until you can purchase some true rollers.
In my opinion!
Mike
By the way, why can't you use the self aligning roller you have.
They will work if you take off your guide plates.
for your size motor shouldn't you be looking at 1.5?bm

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
they are better than stock Stamped rockers....

the roller tip is proven useless as it's related to HP gain

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if i remove the guide plates....

I think some of the screw in's will shank out and I'll have to have them redrilled. Is there an advantage over plates or self-align?
I figured it wouldnt matter much if I go 1.5's or .6, The 274 I have is just above .500 lift even with the 1.6s

·
Registered
978 Posts
If your looking for some true roller rockers I have a set of Jegs 1.5 3/8 on Craigslist for a $100 they only have 500 miles on them. I can bring them to the Nor-Cal picnic. I'll know later this week if I'm a go for the picnic.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
lol...I too have a set of full roller harland sharpe rockers on CL I can sell ya for $100....I'm in the south bay area in sunnyvale.:D

they are 3/8" stud 1.5 ratio

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
i had

a set of the 1.52's i ran a few years. Seemed to do fine , ran them with some hyd and solid cams. David Vizard really likes them , he does alot of testing and SBC building. he recommends them only too 350 psi spring pressure. I bought a set when the cam i bought for a street car , was suppose to do fine with stock rockers and it broke one.

I remember one test against them and full rollers ,,, no HP difference , nor was there a big HP difference over stock rockers.

There is a life cycle of the aluminum to consider full rollers on a street car. I've never heard of one breaking on the street , but there is a duty cycle of the aluminum material they're made from.

I liked mine and i'd buy another set , especially after what i read David Vizard thinks about them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts