Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Edelbrock performer rpm, not the air gap model. But this one does have a taller plenum area (if I got that terminology right). I don't yet have an air cleaner but just wondering if I might have any issues with hood clearance. Just triple checking before I clean this one up. thanks.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
It will only be an issue if you cant find an aircleaner, besides thats a good intake to use. I have had the stock hood with my BBC with a 14x4 cleaner but i used an aluminum superdrop base that i trimmed 1/4 lower ( i only had 1/16 clearence from hood) , and thats what you will need or go with a very short cleaner. Jeg's i think has the super drops, got mine from scamchargers years ago.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I ran the small block Performer RPM with an Edelbrock and Holley carb with no problems as long as I used a drop base air cleaner.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Yeah, I have the RPM intake also, drop base. I have a eddie bug filter on right now for cam run in on the new cam. But I made a drop base to a dual snorkel filter housing and it clears just fine. The housing isnt thin either. Got it from Canada. Cant remember the company. Ill look it up. Going to run tubes up front to two large filters for cool air pick up. JR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts