Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see posts about cruise-in's and get-togethers in other regions, but never anywhere near Austin or Central Texas. It'd be cool to see some Novas get together around here from time to time.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
It sure would. There's about five to six of us in the Houston area. Some running and some not. There's more just don't know them or there not part of sns. Theres a map in the "best of b.s section" that I wish more people would mark.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I see posts about cruise-in's and get-togethers in other regions, but never anywhere near Austin or Central Texas. It'd be cool to see some Novas get together around here from time to time.
Hey, I just picked up a 63 from up around Bandera. I'll be up for a road trip from Houston when she's road worthy, but it'll be a year or so before she's on the road. Take care, Rob

·
Registered
69 Posts
Bastrop, Tx checkin in.

About 30 miles east of Austin. Will be a while till roadworthy.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
71 Nova, Cedar Park, every Saturday night at 1431 & 183 behind Exxon/Schlotskyz from about 5-9PM. Usually 30-50 cars.

Also 1st Sunday of the month in Leander-Cars & Coffee sponsored and controlled event. About 200 cars.

Shout if you're close enough for these.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm up in Waco. Nova is nowhere near roadworthy, but I do try to make it to events in my '00 camaro or my big duramax.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Guess I missed the one in Leander for January, but I'll do my darndest (yes, I'm from TX) to make the February meet. If you're near, better mosey on out there, ya hear?

DrededSS: I would love to see how that LSX project is coming along for you. Just tow your nova with that big truck you got

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I'm honestly waiting for it to warm up to go to Twin Peaks.

Come on out. Cedar Park is every Saturday night, 5-9.

We are just now starting a Friday night meet too, at Kohls on 183 just N. of Crystal Falls. It will be more like 6-9. This Friday is the first meet.

Leander was a cluster$%#@ this time. We had the Mopar club and other regulars, but there was a Camaro club from Temple/Killeen, tons of ricers-most of which didn't belong at a car show, a bunch of mini-coopers, a bunch of trucks!

Sadly they refuse to control access like they used to. They were letting anyone in. There was very little organization in parking. They thought it was a great success, mainly due to the numbers of turnout.

But very few real street cars showed up. It was kind of chilly and cloudy, so the weather must have held some people in.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Where exactly is Cedar Park? I've been planning on getting out to more events in my camaro, but I screwed up my right rotator cuff while working under my '68 on Sunday night so I can't shift the camaro for a while.

Scrappy: I have the subframe back out right now but you're welcome to cruise up anytime to have a look. With there being more novas in central Texas than I thought, we can have our own get-together.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Cedar Park is on 183 North of Austin. 1431 & 183. If you are coming to Austin, you will pass the 1431 exit entering Round Rock (the exit right after the cave-mile 256 or 257), go right (West) about 8 miles and you will come to US 183. The parking lot we meet at is on the left just as you approach that light. There is a Schlotskyz and Exxon there.

We are also starting a Friday night meet on 183, a few miles further North, at Crystal Falls, in front of the Kohls but at the edge of 183, way out from the store, from 6-10, starting this Friday. If anyone has a classic/muscle ride, come on out. NO RICERS!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks. Once I get over the should injury and can shift my camaro, I'm planning on getting down there a couple of times. The car has a built T56 with a solid clutch and a detroit locker. If I try to ease it into each gear it gets unhappy. It prefers thrashing :devil:.

I'm assuming even late model muscle is ok.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
"They" prefer classics, but it is open to all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
SYC: I missed the Twin Peaks last night. It was too windy and stuff (actually have a fuel leak at the moment I'm trying to find and repair). Next week.

Dredded: I might take you up on that offer to check out your ride. Hope your rotator gets better.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
New Braunfels checkin in. Cars almost done and will be ready by summer to start cruzin to the hot spots in the Hill Country.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I am refraining from Twin Peaks until my fuel issue is resolved as well.

Leander is this Sunday from 10-2. Take 183, turn left at South Street. Controlled event and parking.

Lone Star Rod & Kustom Car gig is the 3 day weekend of April 14, 15, & 16th. Mostly Rat-Rods, but all classics are welcome. Huge cruise night on South Congress probably every night of the event. It's like a parade. Thousands of people line the streets, lawn chairs, food, cruisin.

May 11 & 12th- Super Chevy Show - Texas Motorplex-Ennis.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I am refraining from Twin Peaks until my fuel issue is resolved as well.

Leander is this Sunday from 10-2. Take 183, turn left at South Street. Controlled event and parking.

Lone Star Rod & Kustom Car gig is the 3 day weekend of April 14, 15, & 16th. Mostly Rat-Rods, but all classics are welcome. Huge cruise night on South Congress probably every night of the event. It's like a parade. Thousands of people line the streets, lawn chairs, food, cruisin.

May 11 & 12th- Super Chevy Show - Texas Motorplex-Ennis.
Yea, the Lonestar is HUGE on Congress. I lived in that area and would literally walk outside to check out the cars. Hopefully this year I'll have a car by then. :rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts