Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have an Carter AFB Competition Carb that needs a rebuild kit. I believe it's a 625 cfm. Just wondering since we're coming out there this weekend, if anyone could install a kit in it for me while we're out there. We'll be there in Ontario for a week. It appears to be in pretty good shape, it's one I picked up on Craigslist awhile back and want to use it on my Chevelle.
Let me know if one of you can do this/ or show me how it's done and I'll bring it with me.

TIA,
Sgt Steve

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Is it a Carter or Edelbrock? Is it real dirty? I can do it for you but I don't have a bucket of carb cleaner to dip it in. If its not to dirty we can use the carb spray in a can to clean it with.
I will see if I can find a bucket of carb cleaner, I need some anyway.
Pick up a Carter Rebuild kit or an Edelbrock kit not an off brand kit.

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it a Carter or Edelbrock? Is it real dirty? I can do it for you but I don't have a bucket of carb cleaner to dip it in. If its not to dirty we can use the carb spray in a can to clean it with.
I will see if I can find a bucket of carb cleaner, I need some anyway.
Pick up a Carter Rebuild kit or an Edelbrock kit not an off brand kit.
It doesn't look to bad to me, but I'm sure it could use some cleaning. It's definetly better than most used carbs I've come across. It is a Carter AFB Competition Series Carb. I've found the rebuilt kit at Checkers I think they are called Kragen out in Cali. The kit sells in the store for $45 but the counter guy told me if I can find it online cheaper and print out their price he'll match it. Well, I found a place online for $35, so I'm going to print that ad and get it probably tomorrow it is a Edelbrock brand kit and states it's for Carter AFB carbs as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts