Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a perfectly good, in running condition 305 that I'd like to put in my 64
Street cruiser. Im looking for a motor that will do a burn out or so and still run good....any one have a 305 set up in there 1st gen nova???

GMac

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
I have a 305 sitting in the stand waiting for my car to come back from the chassis shop. Also sitting is a powerglide with a 10" converter. My car has 3.08 gears and I just want to put an engine in to get it running and driveable before my other engine is completed. It's going to be a street/strip car so I just want to make sure everything works. I called Crane Cams and they recommended a hydraulic cam that works to around 4400rpm's with a stock convertor. It's not in the book but if you're interested, I'll give you the number. I also have an antique aluminum dual plane manifold on it and I'll be tossing a 750 vacuum secondary carb on for starters. Then it's off to the track to see what this pooch will run. Dave

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I had a 305 hydraulic engine i built that ran real hard 13.0 at 105 in a 64 nova with 336 gears and no posi.WELL IT DIDNT RUN THAT HARD I GUESS!!
Anyway it was built with two valve releif keith black pistons and a good ole set of 461 fuelies , the cam was a crane roller with 218 @.050 and 480ish lift and a 110 lobe center .intake was an rpm and 600 holley (1850) the headers were 1 5/8 with 2 1/2 pipes into flowmasters.the trans was a th350 with 2800 stall .This car was a cruiser ,i loved it .it loped,& sounded more like a hot 350 !
OF course this is a roller block ,but you could get retro lifters!

·
4,534 Posts
My 77 camaro has a 305 in it. we bored it .30 over and put in an rvcam, had some 350 heads shaved down so I could have the bigger valves but keep the compression up. I put a rpm intake w/a 625 edelbrock and some headers and that thing will roast the 28" tires pretty good with a th-350 and 2.08 posi rear. Pretty budget friendly also. Oh and it still passes smog:D

Miles:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts