Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we just bought our 1st Nova. a 65 wagon 400 with luggage rack and pwr rear window. 230 w/powerglide. Has been in a basement for YEARS !!! would love to see some 65 (only please) wagon pic's to give us some motivation.
thanks, Jim and Lisa [email protected]:beer:

·
Premium Member
2,895 Posts
Jims65 that is what mine is supposed to look like!?!?!?:rolleyes:

What NO pics from THE REPOMAN?

Here is mine...remember it is a project car!!!:rolleyes::D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
we just bought our 1st Nova. a 65 wagon 400 with luggage rack and pwr rear window. 230 w/powerglide. Has been in a basement for YEARS !!! would love to see some 65 (only please) wagon pic's to give us some motivation.
thanks, Jim and Lisa [email protected]:beer:
8000 posts later and the sucker still isn't done!:devil::devil: Just ribbin ya Jim.

I know how it is though I just sold my 10 year never finished project. This thread was brought back from the dead!

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
here's my 65 Wagon Street/Strip

here's my 65 Wagon Street/Strip car.Just got it back from the paint shop.Still have plenty of stuff to put back on,but it is driveable....had it out last night.

gallery of my Wagon pics link below.....
http://benchseatracin.smugmug.com/Cars/Race-Car-Stuff/WAGONMANIA/1818757_d5HrY#90856048_7FQRP

my buddy,neighbor & good friend Brian who painted the Wagon for me.We have helped each other over the years with tons of car stuff.I needed the windshield posts repaired & the roof needed attention.I asked him how much to fix that stuff and throw blue blue or white on the roof just to help preserve the car.He says,"you've helped me so much over the years,I'll paint the whole car for you for FREE"!!! I told him he has lost his mind...LOL! But he insisted,and now my old heap looks great!!

·
13,985 Posts
Wow, a thread started by mrrepodude in May, 2006, lives more than six years later. Jim (mrrepodude) hasn't been on this site for many years. Miss him.

Bob

·
Registered
35 Posts
tail light ??'s

glad I found this thread, we've been questioning the tail lights on my wagon! From what I'm seeing, the tail lights from the "junker" we bought look correct but the ones that were on my car at the time of purchase are smaller. Can anyone tell me if there were two options available? I know that back-up lights were an option but was the gate piece longer or were deletes used?
Here's my rearview @ time of purchase:

thanks for any input:cool:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
There was not two options, the tailgate either had the reverse lights filled in, or the gate is from a 62-64. All 65s either had backup lights or backup light delete plates.

·
Registered
35 Posts
ok so I know the backup lights have been filled in, so evidently have the correct gate just the wrong tail light assemblies, guess I need to get the ones off my parts car and continue to look for backup assemblies or deletes....Thanks for the info:cool:

·
Vendor
1,835 Posts
The wagons used a different housing and lens for I believe both the brake and back-up lights than the cars. I know someone that had a collection of NOS 65' wagon related brake / back-up light related parts, PM if interested and I can get you in touch with them.

I agree, it is either an earlier tailgate or the mounting areas for both the back-up light recesses and trim have been filled in. If it is a 100 Series wagon I think it takes the way smaller and not often found tailgate diecast. But... saying that makes me think the 100 Series cars in 65' possibly did not have back-up lights so maybe the current setup is correct. It is also missing all the bright-work (cove moulding, drip rail, stainless around the window) which would be a further indication of a 100 Series, or someone removed the trim. Might be getting ahead of myself here though...

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Open the tailgate up and see if they were filled in:D

·
Registered
35 Posts
yes the back-ups have def been filled in! I think I've located the correct back-up and reverse light assemblies, but have been told the clear lenses to fit the back-ups are not remade. Any suggestions?:cool:
Southbay I sent you a pm for that info Thx!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts