Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an original 1970 radio delete car? Wondering if they still had the antenna in the windshield even if they didn’t come with a radio? Been told yes and no both, also if they don’t have the antenna what was the hole in the cowl panel for the cable covered with?

·
6,599 Posts
I can't comment on the 70 model, but on my 68 in the AIM they show locations of holes in the firewall for different setups (RPO codes) and if the car did not come with a particular RPO code, the firewall was not punched or pierced.

Back in the 80's when I was doing a lot of dealership work, we had an Oldsmobile dealer order cars with what they called a radio accommodation package on the Cutlass and it consisted of a factory assembly line installed windshield antenna with lead in coax wire and a molded power plug out of the dash harness which contained the ignition 12V, illumination 12V, and a ground. This was done so when I was called we could install the proper dash kit, trim panel, speakers , and so on and the radio varied from a basic AM radio up to AM/FM/8 tracks with 23 channel CB.

Jim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts