Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
64 wagon ,
brakes and tailights did work but no blinkers.I bought the lil relay fuse thingy on the fuse block... and i had blinkers but only if i beared down really hard on the switch so i got a new cancellin cam ,put it on, now i got no blinkers. and no brake lights now??? but the cam thing still don't function properly. any suggestion what i should check? bulbs and fuses are good. all i got is a lil test light if that'll help me any.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Your turn signal switch is bad. The brake lights run through the turn signal switch. check the plug-in for burned wires or bad connections before you buy a switch.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what about those lil metal tabs that fell out when i was replacing the cam were they important?? lol. do they affect the brake lights?

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Be aware there's 2 types of turn signal switches for 64... 1st design and 2nd design. The 1st design (1963-64) unit uses a different bolt pattern on the cup and the repop switches are crap quality. 1st design original is imprinted with SAE Q63 . 2nd design (1964-65) replacement is available from AC Delco and it's a good one. It is possible to upgrade the cup to 2nd design if you can find one.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is the repop for the 2nd design (mine) no good either, i noticed a nearly 100 dollar price difference?? and do they come with all the contacts etc... i read another thread on here where a dude dropped his contacts and (springs?) the lil metal tabs in the switch, some of mine fell out and i can't figure how to put'em back .I have all the pieces. is there somehow to explain how they go or do i jus need to buy the switch? and believe me it's no show car, I jus need brake lights..lol

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
is the repop for the 2nd design (mine) no good either, i noticed a nearly 100 dollar price difference?? and do they come with all the contacts etc... i read another thread on here where a dude dropped his contacts and (springs?) the lil metal tabs in the switch, some of mine fell out and i can't figure how to put'em back .I have all the pieces. is there somehow to explain how they go or do i jus need to buy the switch? and believe me it's no show car, I jus need brake lights..lol
The 2nd design replacement is from AC Delco, it's excellent quality. You"ll never have to worry about it again (for 40 yrs:)). Does this help?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that sure did help.Many thanks I have brake lights now!!!but...when i turn on blinker in either direction both lights blink on the outside and nuthin on the dash??any idea?

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
sounds like you have my same problem. I replaced the steering wheel harness and now the problem went from the right to the left:mad:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any body have a clue?? both blinkers come on when i select one????

pretty please:D:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts