Chevy Nova Forum banner

Another rat rod musclecar back on the street

2K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  railroaderman 
#1 ·
Well, I got my 71 back on the road.The 427's running good, and I can't wait to try out all the new suspension peices on the twisties. Ran out of time to do the body work, AGAIN !!!!! So it's a fresh coat of Krylon:rolleyes: It looks great at night cruising, but looks like crap up close, but it's driving again. The body/paint can wait till fall. I figure, if someone really dosen't like it because of what it looks like, well, lets see what your drivetrain's got:devil::devil: Well, here she is in all her non-glory

See you all in Columbus.

See less See more
Reactions: Bunyip
#5 ·
Here's that nasty big block

It's 10.5:1, solid roller, ported heads, etc, etc. Very responsive, but I may end up changing the chassis to a more drag oriented set up. It should go 10's with the right chassis. Right now I'm figuring high 11's to low 12's on slicks with the road set-up. It dosen't have alot of weight transfer:devil:

#7 ·
I'm not sure about the HP. Desk Top shows around 640, but me and me machinist (who is an excellent engine builder, does alot of Super Stock stuff) estimate around 580-590. With just the right tune maybe 600. When I tear it down again this winter for body work, I'm going to pull it and dyno it. Hopefully the dyno won't humble me too much. Maybe I can find a chassis dyno so I don't have to pull it.

#12 ·
I have no problems calling this one a rat for now. This is what a rat really is. Do I want nice body work and paint? Yep, sure do, but it's not in the budget or clock right now. Am i willing to let the car sit untill I can get it done? hell no, I gotta drive it. That's where this whole thing started, so I have no problems with it. I just hate the cars that are purposely built to look like this, and have thousands of dollars spent on body and paint to look like junk. if you want to drive junk, start with junk:devil::devil: I love the low budget cars though, especially with a different take on the cars like 74 hatchbacks's car. love the rear wheel well idea!

#14 ·
A/C?!?!?!?! No way, that eats up too much power, plus the big block is heavy enough in the nose, don't nees a compressor as well, lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.