Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hmmm. lets see here a little about me
my name is rick, i live in cookeville TN. me and my dad got our hands on another 71 nova about 3 months ago. its a 2 door. its the first project we have done together in over 8 years. just something to kindive get us working together on the same page again.

i joined the AF in 2001 and went till 2007 got out as a SSGT and a completely rude cantankerous drunk that knew it all. pretty much stayed that way for a good year and a half. stole some stop signs, crashed partys, drank everyones beer, did allot of bar hopping and late night booty calls and made allot of promises i shouldent have. LOL!

so yea, im really liking this nova thing again. i had one when i joined and sold it to get out of debt. i really regret it, but now i got a second chance to hear that rumble again and a second chance at bringing another one of these pieces of history back to life.

i got an 84 TA with a 400. that engine is coming out and going into the nova. i keep popping the t tops out of the TA when i get on it and the frame is bent. plus i hate that TA cause it sits to low to the ground and i bottoms out everytime you sneeze wrong.

the 400 i built myself, its backed by a 2 speed powerglide with a hurst shifter and a 3300 stall. i also built the tranny. i used to work at a tranny shop. i only did automatics, i wont touch a standard. i just prefer an automatic.

the 400 has pro-topline heads (now known as RHS) with 2.08 intake valves 235 cc runers tripple valve springs. of course roller rockers.. ,570 intake on the cam and .550 exhaust 110 or 112 overlap if i remember.... vic jr intake (theres nothing jr about it, i had to match to the 235cc ports edelbrock or pro-topline was WAY OFF .060 in some places hopefully RHS solved that problem?) stock stroke scat crank with radiused maines. 5.7 or I beam 350 rods. and yea i had to grind and re balance for cam clearance. kieth black flat top pistons with federal mugul rings gapped @ .080. and i run a 50/50 mix of 110 octane and 93 octane. and the carb is 750 edelbrock but i want to change it to maybe a 870 holley street avenger im still undecided. carbs are one of my weak areas. i havent fooled with allot of them.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Welcome to the site! Keep us updated on your Nova as you go!

·
Premium Member
3,835 Posts
Welcome to Steves it sounds like your going to have a pretty stout Nova when it's done.I used to be all over your neck of the woods every day when I drove a truck for American Paper & Twine.There are some great folks in Putnam county.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts