Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys just picked up a 66 SS She is rough. I hope you guys can navigate me thru the restoration process maybe give some advice on the direction i should be going for future value of this little beauty. I call myself identity crisis i can never make my mind up . I just got done doing a 69 Chevelle COPO rotisserie build . Started on a Plum crazy Challenger RT and this little 66 fell in my lap .Aint she preddy

·
Registered
947 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site! It looks like you're going to be very busy with this project.
Please keep us posted on your future progress (with pics... when you can).

·
Super Moderator
3,415 Posts
Welcome to the site. You're pretty brave. What direction should you be going?

a.) Way, way back in time before all that happened
b.) In the direction of the nearest crusher
c.) To SNS for information and help, so you can show us one of the all-time start-to-finish build threads!

We wanna see it done. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
welcome to the site. interested in knowing where you decide to start putting it back together.

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
Anything is doable. Looks like you have your work cut out for you. What kind of shape was the Chevelle in when you started on it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
You are a brave man but it sounds like you have a great deal of skill based on all of the previous cars that you worked on. Good luck. If you are interested, I bought a fully restored 1967 L79 327 Nova SS (VIN 118) that I am in process of converting to a Restomod. While the engine was built up as an L79, I know that it is not the original (numbers matching) engine. As I tear the car apart, I am selling off major components. I was just about to list the engine and Muncie M21 transmission. I am not looking to get rich, I just want the parts to go to a good home where they can be used in a restoration. Eventually, I will be selling the complete Dog House (brakes, steering, springs, shocks, etc.) If you are interested, please let me know.

Attached is a picture of the engine, transmission and Dog house.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here is some info on the engine and trans:

1967 Nova SS L79 327 V8 complete Engine and Muncie M21 Transmission for sale
I am selling the complete driveline out of my 1967 Nova SS due to the fact that I am installing a Detroit Speed Suspension and LS Driveline. Before I started tearing the car apart, it ran great (I have video of the car running). The car and all the mechanical parts are in great shape. The car was restored in 2010. It would be a great drivetrain for someone that is restoring an old Nova to original condition. I am looking to sell the entire Driveline but will sell individual components.

• Entire Driveline (Complete Engine, Clutch, Bell Housing and Transmission): $5,000
  • 327 L79 tribute COMPLETE engine assembly: $4,250
  • Professionally rebuilt in September 2010 at Valley Engine Service in Hartselle, AL
  • Block Casting #: 3858174 (1966 327 Chevelle, Corvette, 2-bolt Main)
  • Engine Application Code stamped on the block: F0104EA (F=Flint Assembly Plant, 01=January, 04=4th day, EA=1966 Chevelle 327 4-speed. 4bbl)
  • Block Casting Date: L235 (L=December, 23rd day, 5=1965)
  • Original GM (Winters) cast Aluminum Intake Manifold (part #3890490) – currently selling for $685-$750 on eBay
  • L79 Dual Snorkel Chrome Air Cleaner Assembly (currently selling for $300-$385 on eBay, YEARONE: $430)
  • Holley 4bbl Carburetor
  • Ram’s Horn Exhaust Manifolds (GM Casting #: LH – 3790729, RH – 3849288)
  • Complete Front Accessory Drive including pulleys, belts, Alternator and Fan.
  • Flywheel
  • Ignition Module
  • Ignition Coil
  • Fuel Pump
  • Starter and Solenoid
  • L79 Chrome Rocker Covers
  • L79 replica Hydraulic (Comp Cams) camshaft
  • Speed Pro Pistons
  • Muncie M21 (close ratio) 4 speed manual transmission including Shifter Linkage: $1,250
  • Serial Number: P0S28B (P=Muncie Plant Code, 0=Year - 1970, S=Month - November, 28=Assembly Day, B=Muncie Suffix - M21)
  • Main Case casting part #: 3925661 (Patent #:3088336) 68-69 M22
  • Side Cover casting part #: 3884685 (66-69 M21)
  • Extension/Tail Shaft Housing casting part #: 3857584 (66-69 M21) – 66-70 Passenger 27 spline
  • Bell Housing and Clutch: $150
  • Bell Housing – Casting #3788383

• Buyer to arrange and pay shipping

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anything is doable. Looks like you have your work cut out for you. What kind of shape was the Chevelle in when you started on it?
AZ car but still needed quarters, roof, tail panel, fenders, package tray. Someone started to make a drag car and added a sun roof. Ill have to post some pics. Lemans blue, parchment , 427 M22

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You are a brave man but it sounds like you have a great deal of skill based on all of the previous cars that you worked on. Good luck. If you are interested, I bought a fully restored 1967 L79 327 Nova SS (VIN 118) that I am in process of converting to a Restomod. While the engine was built up as an L79, I know that it is not the original (numbers matching) engine. As I tear the car apart, I am selling off major components. I was just about to list the engine and Muncie M21 transmission. I am not looking to get rich, I just want the parts to go to a good home where they can be used in a restoration. Eventually, I will be selling the complete Dog House (brakes, steering, springs, shocks, etc.) If you are interested, please let me know.

Attached is a picture of the engine, transmission and Dog house.
Curious on the price for the dog house? Even tho this car looks like a POS It came with some really nice goodies including everything to make it an L79 NOS quarters and NOS fenders

·
Registered
188 Posts
Welcome to the site New Guy! Looks like you got the full basket deal! Good luck on your rebuild, there's tons of guys in here that have done the same thing, but I'm not one of them.
Have fun, keep the pics coming.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
WELCOME to SNS , and have fun with your Nova .

I also have an Arizona Nova …. and still running it down the Az roads .
Buy a newer type digital camera , get several 'small disk' and take ALOT of pictures (then you will never loose them …… so, you can then post - them - up ; because = "pictures are Golden " (like the 'dead cat story').

again , Welcome , from Chino Valley, Az ………………… maybe, list u'r location ; could be a SNS member close by ………. you never know , jim

·
Registered
29 Posts
Identity Crisis, I have not yet thought about a price for the Doghouse as I want to keep it for reference until I complete my build. I anticipate that it will be about 12 to 18 months before I get my car done. If you can wait that long....make me an offer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WELCOME to SNS , and have fun with your Nova .

I also have an Arizona Nova …. and still running it down the Az roads .
Buy a newer type digital camera , get several 'small disk' and take ALOT of pictures (then you will never loose them …… so, you can then post - them - up ; because = "pictures are Golden " (like the 'dead cat story').

again , Welcome , from Chino Valley, Az ………………… maybe, list u'r location ; could be a SNS member close by ………. you never know , jim
Hey Twinshadows.
Yes you Southwestern guys have it made with the sheet metal .That sun is a little hard on interiors and wiring tho. I am new here where would i post my location it would be great I am always up for visitors especially if the now how to block sand. I live in Schaefferstown PA. home of the Amish Mafia and Lebanon Levi.

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
I am new here where would i post my location
You can add it to your profile. It used to be on everyone's profile under the old format. Click or just hover over my profile and you can see my location.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts