Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
he said reproduction... so he has some pretty good quality rod that's bent properly... 3.00 worth of rod at 100 bucks a shot... if it sells... the guy'll put production in high gear...

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
There was an L79 engineer who had an exceptional gift for fixing all things mechanical. After serving his company loyally for over 30 years, he happily retired. Several years later the company contacted him regarding a seemingly impossible problem they were having with one of their multi-million dollar L79 machines. They had tried everything and everyone else to get the L79 fixed, but to no avail. In desperation, they called on the retired engineer who had solved so many of their problems in the past. The engineer reluctantly took the challenge. He spent a day studying the machine. At the end of the day, he marked a small "x" in chalk on a particular component of the L79 and proudly stated, "This is where your problem is." The part was replaced for $100 in reproduction parts and the machine worked perfectly again. The company received a bill for $50,000 from the engineer for his service. They demanded an itemized accounting of his charges. The engineer responded briefly:
One chalk mark $1
Replacement parts $100
Knowing where to put it $49,899
It was paid in full and the engineer retired again in peace.

Moral of the story: You're not paying for the rod, you're paying for knowing where & how it's bent correctly for an L79. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
i would say that was a good .02 opinion... but ya stated yer case so well... i'm thinkin' it must be one a them L79 opinions that makes THAT statement worth more than a 2 cent'r... and makes it worth the Whole Buck ;)

good one Rex ;)

still a darned ol' 3.00 rod !!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
His shipping to Maryland for the rod is a bit high:

US Postal Service Parcel Post®
Estimated delivery time: 2-9 days.
Learn more about US Postal Service shipping.

Shipping & Handling: $10.98
Insurance (optional): --

N

·
0 Posts
rod or shafted !!

I am into L-79s and that is outragous ! If you need a rod buy it from Paragon and bend it yourself . rod is p/n 1618 $14.00 , and swivel is p/n 1043k $7.00. I used my 1/4 tube bender to bend it as the origional .Frank

1 - 7 of 7 Posts